Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Slow day today


I've been plagued with another migraine last night/today so that's put the brakes on getting much stitching done - I did manage to get a couple of hours done, though, and did the stitching on a Mill Hill Christmas ornament - just need to do the beaded tassel and finish it off ... another one of the finishing pile for later in the week :) Instead today I've done exciting things like tidying the kitchen up and doing the dishes ... and something a bit more fun, like getting the Christmas tree half-finished. It's only a small one, so didn't take very long at all ... lights are on, and so is the tinsel and angel ... just the Christmas balls and it's finished. It's only 4ft in height, so my soon-to-be-finished Christmas ornies won't fit on it until I can afford a bigger tree - so they're going to be hung from the window sill, from a 'teddy chain'. It's definitely feeling more festive now there's a bit of decoration in the flat - even though I'm living on my own now, I was still determined to put my tree up ... I adore Christmas trees - and I always swore my Mum's tree was the best in the world ... I used to start nagging for her to put it up as soon as 1 December came - and Dad used to love sitting in the dark, with just the tree lights on ... one of my fave Christmas memories :))

Here's Mum's tree - that puts mine to shame ...

6Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

well, you are ahead of me...I have yet to tote the bins of Christmas decorations up from the basement!! We are going to my parents' place for Christmas, and lately it just seems so time-consuming to put up decorations. I prefer stitching!! hehehe

Oh, and I love your stitching alubm template. What a great idea!!! (off to plot my next scrapbooking project - mwahahaha)

2:27 AM  
Blogger Von said...

I'm so sorry that nasty migraine is plaguing you again!! Congrats on getting a start on your decorating tho :) I have put up the small artificial tree in the family room for the kids, but no lights, etc. yet. Guess I'd better haul out the tubs later this afternoon. My youngest is nagging me to death to get them out!
Your mom's tree is lovely, but I'm sure your's is too :)

3:41 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your ornament looks great, sorry to hear about the migraine. :( Those we can do without. Your mom's tree is absolutely gorgeous! I don't have room for a tree, even a small one. I'm sure yours is just as pretty as your mom's even if it isn't as big or elaborate, all trees are beautiful. :)

4:20 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh Anne, I'm sorry to hear you're having a migraine again... Not fun. :(

Your ornament is lovely though! So pretty! :)

Hope those migraines leave you alone! *Hugs!*

5:46 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your ornament looks great, and your mom should publish a book on how to decorate a tree to the MAX! Very sorry you are having migraine problems again and I do hope you'll soon be back in form again. Take care!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm really pretty impressed that you can stitch at all with a migraine :-) Congrats! Mike is just dying to put up a tree, but I have been dragging my feet on it - I think it is mostly that my Dad's 10th anniversary of his sudden death is later this month... I think I will take him to go get a tree this week... your mum's is just stunning!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home