Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

No stitching today

Crikey, my fingers feel as though my arms have been cut off ... they haven't touched a needle ... or needlework ... all day! In an attempt to find my rotary cutter to cut the fabric strips etc for my ornaments, I ended up unpacking all the yet-unpacked bags and boxes in my bedroom ... 3 wine boxes and about 6 various sized bags - yikes! And after all that, I still hadn't found my cutter ... but boy, oh boy, my bedroom looks a bit better for it - you can actually walk round BOTH sides of the bed now LOL. As for the cutter, I had a brainwave while I was unpacking - and lo and behold, when I looked into one of the big unpacked boxes in the spare bedroom, there it was ...

I also found some quilting things that I really must add to my UFO list too hmmm - a wallhanging quilt of golliwogs that I did as my beginners introduction to quilting - but I hate the design, so it doesn't enthral me too much to get it finished ... but it only needs the binding to be done, and it's finished - maybe I'll give it to a charity or something ... As for the others, one was a patchwork quilt for my best friend's son - and the other is a quilting bag for my mat boards etc ... it would be nice to get that finished - maybe I'll enlist Mum's help with that one while she's here, as she's the sewing guru, and that's all that's left to be done with it, I think.

I also finally managed to remember today to put a money order I've had sitting around for a while actually into an envelope, to send to Lauren Sauer at Forget-Me-Nots In Stitches - I fell in love with her design "Never Enough Berries" in the Fine Lines magazine, then found it had only the pindisk in that issue, and that the magazine is no longer being made ... b*gger! The good news is that I decided to contact Lauren directly, and she's making the chart in all four parts available for sale directly from her - so I'm finally going to the Post Office tomorrow/Friday to post it off to her (as well as check my mail - you never know, miracles may have happened over the last few days since I've not been at work - my Stitching Bits & Bobs backorder may have arrived!! ... yeah, OK, that might be pushing things a little bit haha). Anyway, here's the Never Enough Berries chart, seeing as I have nothing else to offer today in the way of stitching progress:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sorry, but I gave up trying to upload the photo using Blogger today - I've used Photobucket instead, but that means you can't click and enlarge sorry :(

The night is still young, though - so I may still get chance to pick up a needle yet ;)

6Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

Oh the basket is fabulous! I remember seeing this in a friend's magazine as I never got fine lines. That may just wind up on the "i want" list :)

1:35 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Well, you may not have plied your needle yet, but you played with and organized some stash and that's progress too!! It's always interesting to see what's been hiding for awhile and whether it hits the same chord that it did when you bought it :)
Very cute berry chart, Anne! Glad you'll be able to get all the designs :)

6:31 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Organization counts!!! Too bad it takes so long, though ... I was busy with that yesterday.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You at least touched some stash, right? I think we can count that. ;) I might need to get myself one of those rotary cutters. Will it help me to cut straight? LOL. Love all of your finishes, BTW. I know I already responded on the StitchingSmalls group, but they are really beautiful. Keep up the great work, girl!

1:46 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Helllllllllllllo Anne :)
Im here...visiting you :) It's been awhile :)

WE can't have your arms falling off or feeling as if they have been removed...HOW will you ever sttich in all those SAL's at the FGBB???ROFL!!!

I love your finishes :) Congrats :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

the basket is really cute. Keep unpacking and you will probably find more things that you forgot about LOL.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home