Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, February 10, 2006

And the spoiling continues ...


... Yup, the mail man is getting overworked this week - I have yet another wonderful surprise gift from a blogging pal, KarenV ... a most wonderful chart from my wishlist, "Accessoires l'oiseau bleu" by Au Fil des Reves. This chart is even nicer in person than it looks on their website. I do love my birdies at the moment :D And the great thing is that the finishing instructions are in English, but I can have fun deciphering the rest of the chart in my minimal french. Karen, I really love it - thank you so very very much. I'm just gob-smacked by the friendship and generosity of my blogging friends - you're awesome! And it's turning this birthday milestone into one of the best I've had :)

And thanks for all the supportive comments everyone leaves - it really is lovely to receive feedback from everyone ... it's the bright highlight of my day. Hugs to you all :))

A couple of people have asked when the 'official' day of my birthday is - so here goes ... The day I officially turn the corner to the naughty-40's is the 16th of February (so I'm only dragging my birthday celebrations out for a week heehee). And I finally heard back from Ben so we can go ahead and start organising our combined birthday bash, since Dracula's got cancelled. We're off to dinner at a venue yet to be decided on the 25th of February ... OK, looks like I'm going to be dragging my birthday celebrations out a bit longer ... hahaha.

Anyway, time to head off as I need to do a couple of errands for Mum before she finishes packing, as it's her last night here tonight. As much as it will be nice to get my routines etc back to normal, I'm gonna miss her like heck - but I'll be seeing her in May when I fly over for her 70th birthday celebrations :)

14Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Oooh, you lucky thing! How lovely to be spoilt :) Such a nice chart too :)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That's another great gift, Anne! Enjoy it :) ((((hugs!!))))

8:31 PM  
Blogger Litla Skvís said...

Wonderful gifts you have been receaving! Enjoy all of them!! :D

9:12 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Oh, you lucky girl! I love this design :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm the 23rd so we are close but not birthday sisters. :( I do hope you have a happy day next week. You've been getting so lovely things.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Another lovely giftee!! You deserve to be spoilt if you are going to be 40!

Enjoy!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Chiara said...

A lot of great and wonderful gift!!!It's wonderful to start celebrate the birthday a week before!!!hugs

12:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Another nice gift! Congrats! And why not drag out the celebrating as long as possible, any excuse for a party is a good excuse. :)

2:21 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Isn't KarenV just the sweetest??!!

2:56 AM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Happy Birthday Anne! You have some special gifts from special friends!!

4:13 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Braun said...

Lovely photos! I can travel to Aus without leaving home here.=)

Love your WIPs and finishes too. Come and see mine some time, yes?

Elisabeth, UK=)

9:18 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I love this designer! You have great friends, and your friends have great taste!! LOL

10:45 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Everyone deserves to be spoilt on their birthday! Great pressie from Karen!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home