Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Spoilt old me - birthday blessings!!

Wow, I have to say I have been right royally spoilt rotten by fellow bloggers ... my mail box had a lovely gift in it from Carol for my birthday - a Tacky Bob, which I was about to buy for myself in a couple of weeks from Stitching Bits & Bobs with my birthday money - I reckon this is one of the most useful stitching tools I've come across for those of us who use beads ... just awesome - can't wait to use it! And that's not all - Carol also sent me a chart called "Be Kind to Birds" by Sunflower Samplings, as it reminded her of me with my fascination of the local birdlife (the feathered kind!) ... thank you, Carol, from the bottom of my heart - you're very thoughtful, and generous! :)) (I'm now rushing off to check my supply of GAST threads for it LOL).

And seeing as I opened Carol's gift, the curiosity got the better of me today too - I finally opened Sharon's birthday gift for me ... I've been smelling it for the last two days, as Mum had put in my room while our Canadian visitors used the spare bedroom, and was determined not to open it until my actual birthday ... but ... I weakened and succumbed :) Thank you so much Sharon for the most wonderful smelling soap - I'm not sure if you realised it, but Frangipani is one of my most favourite flowers in the whole world! Thank you so much, too, for your generous gift - you're a real sweetheart :))) And you have to congratulate Erin on that gorgeous artwork!! (yup, I did notice that little copyright name!)

Wow, I feel truly blessed - stitching bloggers really do make the best of friends! :))

Well, my visits are almost all over, and life will be returning to 'normality' again in a few days (Mum goes home on Saturday). As much as I've adored having everyone visiting, it will be nice to get back to my routines again. And I'm putting my only resolution to the test this month, hoping to get to some of the Guild F2F meetings - I don't know what roster I'll be following next month, so I can't plan that far ahead yet.

22Comments:

Blogger Running Kiwi said...

Lovely gifts - enjoy them, you deserve them :)

I know what you mean about "normality" ... it's always nice to get back to it for a while.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

My pleasure AnneS... LOL because i couldn't smell properly on the day I bought that - M (eldest daughter) who recommended the shop - did most of the smelling... But that one I could smell a little and thought it was lovely so I chose that one for you... I am glad you like it... The card is one of a range which E has drawn she hopes to market them shortly...

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu've got some really pretty gifts, congratulations!!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What lovely gifts! :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Andie said...

Wow Anne, You really are spoilt :) They look like lovely gifts, and the "tacky bob" sounds interesting. I'll have to go and check that out now :)

8:58 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Now when exactly is the big day, Anne? Your gifts are lovely - and so perfect for you!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You got some very nice things. When is your birthday? Mine is soon so i'm wondering if we are birthday sisters. :)

11:06 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

You received some very nice giftees! You'll love the Tacky Bob... I don't know how I got along with out one!

Happy Birthday!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

Hi Anne!
Wow! you truly were spoiled! I wanted to say that I like the square you did for charity. It came out really well. Beautiful!
~Lana~

12:08 AM  
Blogger RĂ³sa said...

Those are some lovely gifts :-) Congrats with them!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

you received lovely gifts.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Beautiful gifts! Isn't it wonderful being spoilt though? You deserve every minute of it. :D

2:34 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

How lovely!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

enjoy your gifts Anne, isn't it lovely to receive nice mail like that? :) frangipani is one my favourites too.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely gifts! I'm glad that you are going to have a fantastic birthday; one drawn out over many days. :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Aww, that's wonderful for you :)
Enjoy :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What great gifts!! You have some great friends!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Von said...

You are having a long birth month celebration, Anne! How wonderfully fun! :D

11:47 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Wonderful gifts! Glad to hear you are enjoying your birthday monthI

12:25 PM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

Those gifts are truely lovely! You deserve them.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

You are so much more than welcome! You are such a love, and it was a pleasure to send these to you... glad you like them :-) It is a busy birthday month in blogger land- I just finished packaging my gifts for Karen V and Becky... and Jenn's have to out in another week or so (she lives local to me, so can go out later than the rest) - I just love doing birthdays!!!!!! I should ask around and get dates from other people too :-) I hope you have a fantastic day!!!!!!!!!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Your friends sure know how to spoil you! I've never tried a Tacky bob!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home