Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

First charity square finished!


I was quite surprised how quickly this one stitched up last night, but I settled in front of Sleepless in Seattle and S.W.A.T. (nothing like a bit of variety LOL) last night on DVD and stitched my little heart out ... the end result was to finish my first quilt square for little Emily T. I'll send a separate email to the organisers and hopefully generate some response that way (thanks Barbara for the heads-up on that one!). Excuse the basting thread - but I wasn't sure how big the piece would be, and left them in just in case I needed to add a border of some sort ...

This morning I've been looking at spending more money again (yikes) - but once again it's for a good cause. I signed up a couple of days ago to stitch a block for the World Trade Center quilt - I have my list of names all charted up in my software program, and just have to wait for my black aida to arrive (hence the online spending) ... and in the meantime I've just signed up for another quilt block for Jordan B on Quilts4Kids who has a superhero theme. As charts are few and far between for these, I found a Batman logo (one of Jordan's favourites) online and thought I'd try charting it up myself.

So much for my rotation continuing this year ... it's been out the window since Christmas, but it feels good to be doing something for others at the moment. I'm sure I'll get back into a more regular routine again soon :)

Thanks for all your comments - greatly appreciated. And funnily enough, Nicki, I was just commenting to Mum on the drive home yesterday that I was wondering if I should try and catch up with some Auckland stitchers in May ... you read my mind! :) I'll let you know closer to the time what days I'll be over there, but Mum's birthday is the 25th so it will either be the week before or the week after :)

25Comments:

Blogger Casa Pearl said...

This came out lovely Anne! Congratulations on your first of many charity squares it sounds like. These colors remind me that spring is just around the corner - I hope!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

It looks lovely Anne :) And it would be great to see you if you've got time - I'll remember when you're here, your mum's birthday is the same day as our wedding anniversary. I'm really near The Embroiderer, so we could do some stash shopping!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful square, Anne. I'm sure that Emily's quilt will be that much cheerier for your efforts! :)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

Looks great Anne. check the website for stitching instructions..I think you need to add a couple of borders? From memory the square is supposed to be 12 x 12inches? But I could be wrong???

6:31 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

This is lovely, Anne. Congrats!

7:56 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Hey, congratulations! You were FAST!!

I have a superman logo (freebie) if you run into problems with batman. I did it for Max's teacher last year (Super Teacher).

8:55 PM  
Blogger Elanor said...

You were fast and the result is lovely!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

great job Anne. I spent about 2 years doing all kinds of stitching for charity. it was fun and rewarding.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

This is so pretty and crisp! Congrats Ann! A job well done :)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Anne, I am sorry I misspelled your name... I feel so dumb. :(
(((hugs!)))

12:33 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That was fast! And it turned out great, you did a fantastic job. :) You are really getting into the charity stitching, good for you! It sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy it. :D

3:58 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Very pretty and cheerful square, Anne!! Looking forward to seeing more charity stitching :))

6:33 AM  
Blogger Litla Skvís said...

Very pretty! And I love those colors!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great finish, Anne. It is lovely. Congrats!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Congrats on this finish!

2:01 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Lovely stitch Anne. What a wonderful way to contribute. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. Happy Stitching, CJ

2:18 PM  
Blogger Andie said...

That is beautiful Anne :) Well done!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Butterfly Amy said...

This is so very beautiful Anne! I just love butterflies and the colors are so pretty and just perfect :)
Happy Stitching

2:30 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Anne - your square came out so pretty!!! Emily is going to love it!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your charity piece is beautiful. I really enjoy reading your blog. You can now view mine Lewis26. Happy Stitching Anne L

4:01 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

The square is beautiful! Kudos to you!

2:44 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

What a beautiful, happy square!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

Anne, I always enjoy reading your blog, and I'm loving your pastel square. What a lovely thing to do, and the pastels are so cheerful! Very pretty work!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

Lovely square, Anne! Very speedy too!

4:33 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Boy am I behind??? You did a great job with the Cahrity piece, Anne :)
Congratulations!

Also, what fun!! To visit with fellow bloggers :)

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home