Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I met the challenge!


I was a bit slow off the mark, but today I took part in a 24-hour stitching challenge on the FGBB - we had from 7pm last night to 7pm tonight to stitch something small ... I was so exhausted last night I didn't even choose a project never mind stitch on it - so today I started a bit late at 2pm ... and finished 5 minutes late at 7pm - I'm pretty amazed I actually met the deadline (well, pretty darned close anyway!). I decided to do my Xmas ornie that is due to be stitched ready for posting 16 Feb, so it was a good excuse to get a 'commitment stitching' project out of the way early I stitched "Merry Yule" by Erica Michaels designs from the 2005 JCS ornie magazine. As part of the same group, I'm committing to stitching one Xmas ornie every month, and we've allocated a different designer each month to give us a bit of flexibility of stitching designs for the SAL - the designs I've chosen for the year are as follows (all from JCS ornie issues):

  • Feb - With My Needle - Star of Wonder (2002)
  • Mar - Prairie Schooler - Herald Angels (2003)
  • Apr - Homespun Elegance - Holly Noel (2005)
  • May - Full Circle Designs - Perfect Gifts (2004)
  • Jun - The Workbasket - Quaker Christmas Bulb (2003)
  • Jul - Jeannette Douglas Designs - one of her needlerolls
  • Aug - Threads Through Time - Reindeer Garden (2000)
  • Sep - The Sweetheart Tree - Merry Christmas Bellpull (2004)

25Comments:

Blogger lobea2004 said...

Oh, the ornie is lovely. I was going to stitch just this one before Christmas but I had not enough time. Congrats!

8:38 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Can you hear me hooting and cheering way over there? GREAT JOB!!

10:12 PM  
Blogger cathymk said...

Good One Anne - it's gorgeous! Congratulations on making the challenge!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Litla Skvís said...

I like that one a lot! Very cute. And you stitched that FAST girl!

I need to get my hands on the JCS ornament issues, both 2004 and 2005. Never found them here in Iceland, but maybe I can find them on e-bay :o)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Sasha Farina said...

COngrats!!!! I like the colours!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ornament is lovely! I planned on stithing it for Xmas, but didn't had time.
All your work is beautifull, I particularly love the needlecase for you mum...

Elanor

11:03 PM  
Blogger Rósa said...

The ornie is gorgeous :-)

I think we'll be stitching the same Sweetheart tree ornie in September :-) And of course the needlerolls from Jeannette Douglas in July. I love them all and plan to make them all :-D

1:08 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

wow you stitched that fast! This one is on my list so it's great to see it stitched up.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Brilliant job and meeting the deadline too (5 mins here and there mean nowt between mates), Like what you stitched for this really nice

Su

2:17 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Great ornament I like the 24hr challenge idea!!!

2:53 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Great job, Anne! How wonderful to have a fun little finish in the midst of some larger projects!! I know the recipient will really love it :)

3:45 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

It's lovely Anne! Love the colours - especially the thread you used for the wording. And congratulatios on doing it so fast! :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

well done on your finish, it looks great. This one is also on my ornie list for the year so its great to see it stitched up.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

This is lovely Anne and congratulations on such a quick finish.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congratulations :-)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

That is such a cute design! Congrats on making your goal. :)

7:33 PM  
Blogger Ulla said...

What a lovely little mini you maid.
you have so many things to do you perhaps need more hours every day.I follow your steps forward with joy.suddenly I get higher speed on my handicrafts.
I also wish you a nice week full of stitches and joy
Ulla in the north of Sweden

8:21 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

came out great!!!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh, it's so pretty!! Congratulations on meeting the challenge.

Big hugs my friend. I've missed you! :) Glad to be back.

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohoooooo! Congratulations! Maybe I'll join in the second challenge, once my obligation schedule clears out. :) The ornament looks great!

4:13 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

You ready to hear it from me again????
LOL! I LOVE it! Congratulations on your finish and the challenge :) You should BEE proud-it's most adorable :)

Good job :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger Chiara said...

Well done!!! Your merry yule is wonderful!!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow, you stitched that in just a few hours, that is impressive! It turned out great!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

And I should never count you out, Anne. I didn't even think you were going to do one this month, but you not only did one. You did it in record time, and I love it! Saw it in the newest JCS ornament issue. Congrats, girl... you go!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

It is beautiful Anne! I love the colors.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home