Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

There is an Angel out there ...

... and her name is Tobie!! I hope Tobie doesn't mind, but I have to share something that happened to me today ... Work today has been exceptionally difficult, in that I started at 4am - that means the alarm went off at 3am ... and I've really really struggled to get through my day until 2pm this afternoon. They were needing people for overtime from 4am-7am to help with handling ex-London calls ... deciding I really need the money for my birthday dinner, I put my hand up ... never, ever again will I do that! My rostered 5am starts are bad enough, 4am is just WRONG! LOL.

So, today I left work like a rat up a drainpipe as soon as the clock hit 2pm ... I felt like death warmed up, and probably looked it too! Anyway, my PO Box is a short 5 minute walk from work (I figured that was a more stable address than my home living situation when I first moved here, so that made more sense having one near work ... but I digress ...) - I made my daily pilgrimage to post my mail, and pick up the day's bills ... only to get the surprise of my life - sitting in that little PO Box was a parcel ... thinking it was my Silkweaver FOTM finally arriving, I thought 'that's nice' and wandered out the PO again. Then I started looking at the envelope thinking it was quite large for SW - then I looked more closely ... it was NOT from SW - it was from an angel in the name of Tobie. Now I have to admit I knew a gift was coming from Tobie ... which you can see from the following piccies:


Before (my current snippet 'bag')

After (my new, beautiful snippet bag!)

However, that envelope seemed awfully large for a little snippet bag (and if you haven't seen these on Tobie's blog beforehand, you're really missing out!) ... Sure enough, Tobie didn't stop there - inside that envelope/parcel was a little stitcher's treasure trove, and my jaw hasn't been removed from the floor ever since I opened it! Inside was the snippet bag (in a beautiful blue, of course!), along with a kit of the Thistle Bag from M Designs (which was on my wishlist) - not only that, but also the fabric that is suggested on the chart (a lovely Lakeside linen) ... but she didn't even stop there - tucked inside the snippet bag was the most adorable hand-dyed threads by an Oklahoma designer called Windy Hill Designs ... WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what I did to deserve all that spoiling, but I feel very very blessed. Thanks again, Tobie, from the bottom of my heart! You're a real sweetheart!! {{hugs}}


I did manage to pick my jaw up for 1 1/2 hours tonight, though, to take me 1/4 of the way through my 10 hour rotation slot for a new piece - Le Jardin Silk Sampler from some 1998 JCS magazines ... just to prove it, here's the progress piccie - not too much to show for it though - I think I was so boggle-eyed with tiredness tonight, I was stitching at about half speed haha. And I'm an hour late getting to bed, so I'll be moaning again tomorrow when the alarm goes off at 4am ... {groan}

17Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Sounds like you haven't had a moment to yourself, but as I haven't heard from you, I was just wondering if you received my email last week, with my phone number? Hope I didn't accidentally send it to the wrong email addy....

10:43 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh Anne, what a wonderful surprise! And it came just at the right time too. (not that there are bad times to receive such treats, though! ;D)

Good luck with that tough week... ((((hugs))))

12:42 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Tobie is a sweetheart for sure. Now you have a stylish place to put all your snippets!

12:48 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a lovely & practical gift! And your current project is off to a beautiful start!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Schokti said...

What a lovely pick-me-up. It is a real improvement over your previous snippet bag! lol

2:33 AM  
Blogger Von said...

What a delight to hear about your receiving a gift from a dearie in the midst of your long, harrowing day!!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

what a great package that you got :-) I also love your start on the sampler .

4:07 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

What a wonderful surprise :)It's lovely, Tobie :) And Anne, you deserve it :) :) :)
Very nice indeed!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Thats a really nice package to get, a lovely end to a very early day I would say. Hope that you got a good nights sleep and weren't overtired.

Su

4:53 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Aw Anne - those gifts are fantastic! Congratulations! Lovely start on the Le Jardin Sampler! I have wanted to do that for ages too - I think I am still looking for something for it... little gold discs or something like that? Can't wait to see your progress!!

6:48 AM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Anne you are right she is an angel, glad all her surprises made your day. And the ort bag is quite an improvement. You are such an encouragement to us all enjoy your gifts.
CJ

7:07 AM  
Blogger Litla Skvís said...

Oh wow! WOW!!!!
What a wonderful surprice after such an awful day!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

oh Anne, what a super surprise there. those snippet bags are so cool, I have one myself, you just have to remember to empty them occasionally, hee hee. Look forward to seeing more on your new start too. take care

9:38 AM  
Blogger Tobie said...

I can't think of anybody more deserving Anne! :) It sounds like they showed up at just the right time too. I don't envy you those early mornings, I once had a job that required the alarm being set for 3a.m. That is indeed just wrong. LOL Your new sampler start is already looking lovely!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I agree w/ everyone else that Tobie is a treasure! It's so great when people do such kind things! And perfect timing to boot. ;) I don't envy you those early mornings, I am NOT a morning person. ;)

Great start on the Silk Sampler. :D So when is this birthday dinner you sacrificed your sleep for? :D

2:16 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

Hey there Anne! I have been reading blogs once a week now, because they take up less time, so I split up my 30+ blogs i read into the 7 days of the week, and read about 5-6 a day, so you're on my "to read Thursday list", and I just wan tot say as i was reading about your mom and the ducks lined up and Fraze's soccer guy you dressed all up I was cracking up! You sound like a barrel of fun! My mom and I are like that, and it sorta made me miss her a bit. well, I hop eyou are able to get some more sleep soon!
~Joy~

11:59 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

What a lovely surprise!! And it sounds like it arrived at just the right time.

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home