Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Still alive ...

... but not getting much stitching done! Been very very tired this week, and ended up with dizziness and throwing up compliments of a 24-hour virus (which also knocked Mum out yesterday too) - that meant a day off work yesterday, but back in again today. Sat here in a pool of sweat, with a temperature of 41C (if I've worked out the temperature correctly, that's approx 109F!!) - seeing as we don't have air conditioning in the flat, there will be no stitching done tonight/tomorrow!

I've been getting a lot behind with blogging yet again ... having Mum here has upset my usual routine a bit (although I'm still loving having her here) - and she sees my time on the computer as being 'time wasted' ... I may wait until she's back home before I get back into the swing of things again with blogging ...

One thing I've been loving over the last week or so, and that's that the rainbow lorikeet population has been increasing in its fly-overs at the end of the day. There was one day during the week that there was a flock of what must have been at least 100 lorikeets - it was incredible! These are the most amazing birds to look at, although they fly over with the speed of a bullet, and an incredible squawking racket! They're a really beautiful sight to behold :) That's one thing I love about being in Aussie - the amazing bird life. It amazed me to be driving down the road on the main roads, to see Gallah's feeding on the median strips - and this morning we had a couple of sulphur-crested cockatoos squawking on the next door neighbour's roof - just wonderful!

As far as my stitching's been going, the only progress I've had is on my Le Jardin Silk Sampler - I just have 1 hour left before I finish my 10-hour slot in my rotation (I'm trying hard to get back into the rotation habit again!). Now I'm off work for a few days with Mum, so some more sightseeing is on the menu (although, we're praying for an easing off in temperatures). We're supposed to be going to Melbourne Zoo tomorrow during the day, followed by an open air jazz concert at the zoo in the evening ... at an expected 42C again, though, we might only go to the zoo for a short time, and hide indoors for the rest of the day LOL.

9Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those pics make me miss Melbourne!!! Mind you the current weather forecast makes me glad I am not there... much prefer the winter!

2:39 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Those birds are beautiful and you are making such progress on your silk flower sampler. It is looking great. Hopefully I will have more done on my lilies tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

2:44 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Hi Anne! Good to see you again today :)
How can it be that in your climate, your flat doesn't have a/c!!!! Maybe it's just kaput from overuse, lol! Stay cool, and I hope you're feeling better today.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh my goodness! Those temps sound downright scary! Maybe you should work on Nature's Rest.... the snow scene might help cool you down?? I could send you some of the snow we are expecting on Monday if you would like??

Those bird pics are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing them :-)

Your Le Jardin looks wonderful - so delicate :-)

I have been missing you!!

4:15 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Temps in the 40's?! Good grief. I will stop complaining about rain.

The bird pictures are amazing - we love feeding those little lorikeets at the "bird zoo".

4:38 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Those birds are really cool! And colorful! Enjoy your time with your mom and get yourself feeling better - we'll still be here when you get back to blogging on a regular basis!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Hi Anne, those birds are so gorgeous!! Wow. All we got in Paris at that time of the year are stupid pigeons. ;o)

Hope those temps come down and that you are getting a good night's sleep right now :) Hugs!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Fantastic progress on your Stitch-A-Thon piece! Wahoo for you! Love the birdie pictures, too.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, those lorikeets are incredible! I can't wait to fly down to Australia some day and see them for myself. We're thinking of making the trip for our 10th anniversary in 2009!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home