Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What can I say today? If it doesn't rain, it pours ... on the way to work today my car battery seemed to be failing - no problems starting the car up, and it drove fine into work, but the dashboard clock was out of sync etc, with the alarm making a really strange sound when trying to use it. When I tried to lock the car manually when I arrived at work (seeing as the alarm locking system had failed), it locked the door and wouldn't unlock again. Luckily I could open the passenger side manually and lock all the other doors that way. Anyway, I was feeling so shattered at work I cashed in my final 2 Luv Ya Work awards to leave an hour early to get my car fixed ... only to find my car now wouldn't start at all ... I had a flat battery. Well, after being told the battery guys would be there within the hour, two hours later they finally turned up ... $125 later and I could drive home again. I just hope like heck that's fixed it, as when I parked my car at home, the alarm was still making a strange sound (I'll be sleeping with my fingers and toes crossed tonight, that's for sure!!).

I called and chatted to Mum for half an hour while waiting (I have a price cap on my mobile phone and this is covered thank goodness) - it was great to just have a moan about how fed up I felt ... she's the best listener in the world. We even had time to put our heads together and come up with some meal options out of what's in my cupboards, as thanks to this little saga for the day, I may not be going grocery shopping for at least a fortnight now ... especially when I walked into the flat to find yet another little gift, the gas bill {heavy sigh}. I'm trying to keep a smile on my face, but I do have to admit as soon as I walked in the door, I sat down and burst into tears for a few minutes ... just a brief reaction to the stress, I think, as well as being exhausted from lack of sleep and trying to fight off a migraine. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be fine, and there are plenty of people worse off than me, so I can't complain too much! Hopefully after another two paydays I'll be back on my feet again ... especially with a public holiday coming up that I'm working.

It just means that I'm going to have to not go anywhere or do anything special for at least the next 2-4 weeks until everything is paid off. That also means not using my car unless absolutely essential, and making sure I make a packed lunch every day or going without etc. No coffee shop coffees, and no fast food ... everything that passes my lips has to come out of my current pantry and freezer - if nothing else, it'll get some old stuff used up and make some room, so perhaps that's a good thing! ;)

Thanks again for your emails and comments of support - I really really appreciate it. All the lovely comments are helping to keep my spirits up. Hopefully I'll be back to regular scheduled programming and my positive self very soon in a blog near you ... {{hugs}}

Actually, I almost forgot about my stitching news - in the spirit of Halloween, and the fact that I own absolutely no Halloween items whatsoever, I really wanted to stitch myself something this year, but haven't been in the mood ... I was just sitting around like a zombie after work yesterday, so I forced myself to put a few stitches into a new start to try and cheer myself up, and came up with this ... I just have to add three more words (2 x eeks and a boo) and the spider eyes, and it's ready to be finished into an ornie. It's Just Nan's freebie "Just Jack", stitched on 28ct light mocha Quaker cloth, using the recommended DMC threads. These are the only arachnids that will ever be allowed on my threshold without getting the Mortein treatment ;P
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

16Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

Lots of {{{hugs}}} to you. I know what it's like to be that tight for money. If you need a moan, ping me an email. I have some good cheap recipes too :) Take care x

5:11 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

(((Anne))) If there's anything I can do to help... Give me a holler! (((BIG hugs)))

9:48 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your little ornament is really cute, Anne. I'm sorry to hear about this extra blow to your finances. I'll be thinking of you. {hugs}

12:13 AM  
Blogger Arthemise said...

Cute pumpkins and spiders! I want to do this one too someday.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your bad day sounds like my bad friday over a week ago - things do pick up, they don't get great fast but slowly the bad stops happening and eventually you dig yourself back out of the hole. Big ((hugs)) :)

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots more hugs! You could try trick-or-treating, maybe get some treats to last you! ;)

2:40 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

{{{{Anne}}}} I hope that the finaces start to improve from here on in. Your little ornie is really cute

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is UGH. If there is anything I can do to help from here, please let me know. *hug*

5:02 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Happy Halloween and lots of (((hugs))) to you!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hey Anne,its not much fun when things get really tight finanically and then something always comes along to tip the boat to make it worse!been there done that too :)Here if you need a mate!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Big hugs to you! Your Just Nan freebie looks great - so cute. Just the thing to cheer you up I hope!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((((Anne)))))) there is your hugs from me. Been there done that and it stinks big time. We got hit with a 157 dollar a month surprise bill when disability insurance decided to quit paying. Owie!!!! Thinking of you and praying for you.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pain those extra expenses are...we were hit with $400 for a tiny leak in plastic tubing from our fridge. ICK!

I love the Halloween finish. It is adorable...for a spider:)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

Very Halloweeny stitchy piece you did there! :) Sorry to hear about your battery troubles. I had similar probs with mine earlier this year and last year. Know what you mean about funding being low and having to eat only out of the cupboards. I'm doing that, too. Thank goodness mine are pretty stocked so I'm good for a couple weeks, at least. Like ya said, at least the stuff will get used up... and that's a good thing! :D

2:21 PM  
Blogger Von said...

How well I know your frustrations with bills and lack of $$, Anne! I think those years taught me to look for joy in the simple things, like your homemade bread. Laughing each day and keeping a sense of humor about it all helps too; you're real good at that. :) Time passes quickly and your bank account will be in better shape soon! Hang in there, sweetie!

4:13 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

When it rains it pours! i am so sorry to hear of your car issues on otp of everything else! hugs, hugs and more hugs!
~Lana~

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home