Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Starting a XS rotation

I've decided it's time for me to start a rotation, so I can spend some decent time stitching on some larger projects. Hopefully this will help stop boredom setting in for those I don't enjoy stitching, and any boredom that does still creep in will be balanced by those projects that I get great joy from. I'm going to try stitching each project for one week at at time - depending what shifts I'm on at work, this might mean one project gets more stitching time than others, but it will no doubt all balance out in the end.

I started thinking of doing a rotation after agreeing to participate in a Mirabilia SAL, which is taking place the 3rd week of every month - I figured why not dedicate the same period of time to other projects too, hence my current rotation idea. My rotation pieces are planned to be as follows:
  • Days 1-7 - Dolphins XS
  • Days 8-14 - Chatelaine's Egyptian Garden
  • Days 15-21 - Mirabilia's Winter Queen
  • Days 22-29 - TW's Noah's Ark
Tuesday night is my UFO night, where I have to choose one of my other UFO projects and put a few stitches into it, regardless of how much time I have to spend stitching ... I figure even 1/2 dozen stitches is a bit closer to finishing than it was previously, and eventually those 1/2 dozen stitches add up! I'm also thinking that I may allow one of my days off each week to be 'free day', where I can stitch anything I feel like - the same goes with the last day or two of the month, eg day 30/31, these will be free days too.

Hopefully this will be a good way to focus on some of my bigger projects - and also a way to get some projects finished over the next 12 months or so. I guess only time will tell ... !!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home