Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, March 17, 2006

3rd happy dance for today!


Yes, that's right, yet another project has hit the finishing pile today - the latest one is Bilberry by Shepherd's Bush ... this has been a UFO for a while, as I couldn't work out how to do the hemstitching bands. After completing my Love needleroll at the start of this year, and using a different instruction book I have, I decided it would be a quick project to finish off, seeing as I've now tried and succeeded in hemstitching, and I wasn't in the mood to tackle my Marine Elegance today as my concentration wasn't quite 'up to it'. I can thank KarenV partly for this - after seeing her latest Shepherd's Bush finishes, it reminded me I had this in my UFO pile, and it wasn't too far off finishing, so I thought it was time it saw daylight again. I put a sheet of coloured paper behind the fabric while I was scanning it, so the fabric looks off-white, but it showed up the hemstitching etc better that way.

Phew, three finishes in 24 hours ... don't expect to see any more for a while! LOL.

11Comments:

Blogger Mylene said...

WOW! Congratulations for your finishes. All the pic looks great, and i especially love the shepherd bush design. Honestly, haven't done hemstitching yet. It seems so difficult...

11:25 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow Anne, it's gorgeous! So, so pretty. 3 finishes in 24 hours, way to go! :D

12:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats on all your finishes, they look great! Have fun on your days off! :D

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn girl! Look how busy you've been. Congratulations on all 3 finishes. Can you do some stitching for me, too, while you're at it? LOL. Are you joining in the stitch-a-thon this weekend on Friends Gather?

4:48 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

You busy girl! I love this SB finish!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Rósa said...

Wow, congratulations on all your HD's! I really like this one, bilberry. Very lovely work :-D

7:16 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

This is lovely. Wow 3 finishes in 24hrs - go girl go!! LOL!! You are putting me to shame, I'll have to get myself sorted and do some of mine.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

Wow, you have been busy. Your Bilberry design is so pretty and delicate looking.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Litla Skvís said...

How funny... I was just finishing up A Mother's Love Needleroll from Shepherd's Bush and the hemstitching also gave me a bit of trouble at first, but then I finally got the hang of it!

Anyway, I love your finish! So pretty!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Oh my! This one is so gorgeous! Congrats

5:13 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Wonderful finish -- your Shep Bush is lovely. I saw the long sampler Karen is creating -- it is too kewl!!

Are you going to add more rows, too? This looks lovely as is.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home