Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Quilt panel completed!


Unfortunately, it means I'm going to bed a bit later than planned for my 6am start at work tomorrow, but I just couldn't put my quilt panel to one side until I'd finished every name ... I was just too close to finishing. So, now I can get it in the post either tomorrow or Tuesday to the organisers - woohoo, another lot of commitment stitching out the way! :)
In answer to Tobie's question ... "what next?" ... I'm not exactly 100% sure yet, but I probably should get my Marine Elegance piece up-to-date for my SAL first, seeing as I have another SAL starting in April - then I still have another two charity quilt squares to stitch (the Batman logo, and an Echidna) ... these aren't due until May, so I have some time up my sleeve for them yet. So, I guess I should start committing myself to restarting my rotation again, seeing as I haven't touched it since the end of 2005 (gee, that seems so far away LOL). That being said, the following is my hastily hatched stitching plan (but I reserve the right to change it on a whim haha):

  • Marine Elegance SAL (Cindy Valentine)
  • Echidna quilt square
  • Dolphins Domain
  • Smalls/Ornaments
  • Batman quilt square
  • Jen's Jems canvaswork
  • UFO - Bil Berry by Shepherd's Bush
  • Dolphins Domain
  • Smalls/Ornaments
  • Winter Queen (Mirabilia)
  • Le Jardin Silk Sampler
  • Dolphins Domain
  • Finishing items
  • UFO - Nature's Resting Place
  • Free choice

As for the Adam Sandler movie, it was "Punch-Drunk Love" ... if you get the urge to watch it, please try to control that urge and save yourselves the trouble!

OK, off to bed now for my first of 6 x 6am starts ...

14Comments:

Blogger Shelleen said...

I agree with you about Punch Drunk Love. I love Adam sandler and all of his movies but this one was awful! I kept watching it hoping it would get better. This is one of the worse movies I have ever seen.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Maybe it is time for "free choice" something green for the Irish? LOL Enjoy the week-end.

1:31 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Good luck with those 6 am start times. I'd be such a wreck...

2:04 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Congrats on finishing your WTC square.

Thanks for the advice on Punch Drunk Love...maybe it is time to take it off the netflix list:)

3:13 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh yes - we ditched Punch-Drunk Love midway through too - then, oddly, Mike went back and watched the rest - sort of like a car wreck - you just have to look - that was how he put it. Yuck, I didn't bother with the rest, that is for sure -

Congrats on finishing your WTC panel - some of the names on your panel are quite famous in that they appear in some of the specials on 9/11 - the Glicks, for instance - have heard that name quite a bit... I think they were on one of the planes...

3:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your quilt finish Anne. Will be looking for your next pics...

And spiders... Anna has a strong dislike for them too. I know how you must have felt almost walking into it the other day.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Congratulations on getting that quilt panel finished Anne! What a work of love. Have a good week! :)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Your quilt panel looks great, Anne; congratulations on finishing it! I know what you mean about staying up too late when you are in the "home stretch" of a project--it's too hard to put it down when you know that with just a "little" extra bit of time you can get it finished...even if that means you end up finishing at 1 am! ;)

10:25 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Congrats on the finish of your panel, Anne!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

Looks great Anne. is there a website you can tell us about, so we can read a bit more about this project?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats on your finish! Looks wonderful! :D

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTG, Anne! I'm so glad that you were able to finish it so quickly. That will take one more panel off of Mary's mind. :) Thanks for getting involved!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Congratulations on finishing your panel Anne! Such a wonderful gift you are giving.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Bine said...

Congrats on finishing the WTC panel.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home