Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Time to relax ...

... as my interview is all over - I was in there for almost an hour, and can't say I feel 'thrilled' about the whole thing ... I struggled with one scenario, so with that one and one other one, I probably didn't answer as well as I would have hoped, but I feel OK about the other 8 'major' questions. Unfortunately my best scenarios weren't able to be used, as they didn't match the questions they wanted ... oh well.

I have to say, I feel really quite relaxed and calm about the whole thing - last time I wanted it soooo badly I got all uptight when I didn't get it ... this time I've got Jenna's attitude down pat, "it is what it is" (love that one, Jenna!) - I'm learning to make the most of what I have ... there are many other qualified people that deserve the job as well, so the competition is fierce - if it takes me another year to get it, then so be it, but I refuse to stress about it this time round. Obviously I'll be disappointed if I don't get it, as I do still want the job ... but I won't be visiting Migraine City for weeks on end at the end of it all this time! :) At least with my current job I get plenty of variety, and still get to do the Hotline job as a reliever on a regular basis so it keeps my skills up etc.

We actually get the results back on Friday, so at least we don't have long to be put out of our miseries - there is one shift position and one day position ... unfortunately with my finances I can only accept the shift position, so if I get offered the day one, I'm going to have to turn it down, which will break my heart. Anyway, we'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it. I'm now putting it out of my mind, and getting back into my normal routine again until Friday.

One thing that cheered me up today is that there is a parcel sitting in my PO box ... fingers crossed it is finally the Silkweaver fabric I've been waiting for a whole month for, so I can get it posted off to KarenV for the Star of Wonder ornament SAL (though I don't think it'll be done in time for the February deadline hmmm). Woohoo!!! I'll have to go into work a bit earlier to be able to pick it up from the PO counter while they're open.

OK, off to bed early tonight ... only just walked in from work at 11.45pm, and I'm exhausted already ... what a wimp I am! LOL

14Comments:

Blogger Dawn T. said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping you get the job. :)

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you were relaxed, Anne! You might be pleasantly surprised at how much being relaxed helps you in an interview. Besides, if you have to stop and think about a question or scenario, it shows that you're putting real thought into it, instead of just spouting out a pre-prepared answer. Interviewers like that. :)

I won't pretend to understand why your current financial situation would keep you from taking the day job (unless it means a pay cut), but I would urge you to really think it over if you're offered it. Sorry, I don't mean to tell you what to do. I would just hate for you to have to pass on an opportunity that is really what you want!

1:48 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

I'm glad that you were relaxed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping you get the job. :)

2:06 AM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

Let us know when you find out anything and I will keep my fingers crossed for you

3:49 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Glad to hear the interview went well, Anne, but really happy to hear how your attitude towards it has changed!! Isn't it amazing how where our "heads are at" can affect so many aspects of our lives!!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Keep your spirits high Annes - sometimes no matter how much we want something if it isn't in the 'grand plan' it just won't happpen... I too went for a job interview - it was unexpected - I too don't think that I have any chance at all - but it is preparing for when the right time comes along...

8:13 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Glad that your interview went well, and I'm keeping my fingers AND toes crossed for you that you get the shift position, I really hope that you do.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Anne,

I'm sure you did just fine :) At least they won't keep you hanging for too long. Keep us all posted on the outcome...we're wishing you all the best!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Cindy

1:03 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Anne, I am so impressed by your attutide towards getting this job--that's so great! However, I am still hoping you get the shift position! Also, glad to hear you are getting your mum to find that Macaw chart--we'll have fun! :)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Bastet said...

I'm glad to hear the interview went well. Let us know how it goes. Thank-you for the nice comment you left on my blog. You're a sweetie.
hugs

1:38 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((Anne))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Glad to hear you it went well! We are all pulling for you getting the position you want!!!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Hi Anne .... keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope everything turns out well.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Anne - I have my fingers crossed for you :-) You have a lovely attitude about it, and I am quite impressed with that. Life has been a little rough on you lately, so I hope you don't mind that I am sending you a cheer up giftie - go visit your PO box in about a week, OK?? LOL

10:47 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Anne - I'm pulling for you too. It's good that you don't have to wait a long time to hear what is decided. Until then, rest and relax. You've earned it!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home