Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

No longer 39 ...

Yup, that time has come that I hit the new age bracket ... no longer can I tick the "30-39" age bracket in surveys etc - I'm now in the "40-49" bracket as from today. Have to admit, the day has started off eventfully in two different ways ... I don't know why, but I've been having a serious lapse of memory this week (and I'd better hurry up and snap out of it, 'cos I've got an exam next week for work, then hopefully an interview again ... but I don't have my hopes up this time - but that's another story). Anyway, where was I? See, I think early senility has kicked in! That's what happens when you jump up a decade - that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!!

Right, back to the story (I'm starting to feel like Billy Connolly!!) ... Last night I went supermarket shopping after work (didn't finish work until 8pm) - bought some lollies (aka candies for my US readers; aka sweets for my UK readers LOL) to hand out at work today, as well as buying the ingredients to bake a birthday cake to take to work, and the ingredients to make Mars Bar Slice ... or so I thought! What did I do? Managed to remember I needed 7 eggs for the cake (tick), cooking chocolate for the cake (tick), rice bubbles for the Mars bar slice (tick), milk chocolate for the Mars bar slice (tick), butter for both (tick) ... and off to the checkout I went and came home. Put the oven on at 10pm to start baking ... started getting the ingredients out for the cake ... first one - 1/2 cup of cocoa ... um, cocoa ... cocoa ... Bugger!!! - hmm, that's right Anne, you threw out what was left when you moved flats in August and didn't replace it ... Never mind, I can make the Mars bar slice in the morning ... Yeah, right! I get ready to start 'cooking' my Mars bar slice this morning - the one thing missing from my shopping list ... yup, MARS BARS!!!!! Duh and yet again, a double Bugger . Luckily I bought the lollies to hand out, or I would be going in empty-handed! Oh well, looks like my cake and slice will be going in a day late - at least I'm on a 2pm start tomorrow, so I'll have more time to get it ready as well. What a blonde!!!

An interesting start to the day ... but before I realised the Mars Bars were AWOL, I checked my emails - and what did I find? A comment in my blog saying Silkweaver had sent me a postcard and 'click on this link' to get it - I have to admit, I originally thought it was spam and nearly deleted it, then realised that I have word verification on, and Silkweaver was reputable ... so I crossed my fingers it wasn't a virus or something awful and clicked on the link ... WOW, was I surprised?!!! Shocked I was truly spoilt by my great online pal, Jenna, for my birthday - with a $40 gift voucher from Silkweaver ... I'm truly speechless at the awesome generosity - and have to admit to shedding a tear or two this morning. Thank you Jenna from the bottom of my heart - I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you're a true sweetheart and I feel blessed to call you 'my friend'.

In fact I want to say a huge heart-felt thanks to all my online pals - I feel truly blessed to have met you all (thanks Blogger!!). I have appreciated every comment left, and the support given at times when I've needed it, and have been humbled by the gifts that have been sent. I really do feel blessed today ... {{{Hugs}}} to you all Big Hug

And my pals have been so generous with their gifts with charts, and now fabric, I've decided not to spend Mum & Dad's birthday money on stash - I discussed it with her, and we agree it's a good idea ... I'm going to use the money towards getting one of my XS pieces framed (either my Graham Ross Tiger, or Thea Dueck's Gold) - it's something I never have spare cash for anymore, and I'd dearly love those two pieces framed up and on the walls somewhere ... Thanks to Mum & Dad for your generous gift as well - love you both!

Right, off to work I go ... I think I'd better go to work early today and buy Mars Bars before I forget!! It's the one thing I make that always gets someone asking for the recipe - it's disgusting just how much fat content is in it (it's pretty much just chocolate, butter and rice bubbles), but crikey it's delicious!! Fraze isn't a huge 'sweet' fan, but even he goes mad for Mars Bar slice ... I made him some last year as his birthday 'cake'.

And three more birthdays coming up over the next week - tomorrow it's Karen's, followed on the 18th by Becky's, then last but not least it's Jenn's on the 23rd ... Happy Birthday to all in advance!! (but I'll try to pop over in 'person' on the actual day)

25Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

happy birthday Anne! I wish you a day of laughter, smiles and of course, lots of stitching if there's time, lol. Love the "bugger" smilie, thats real kiwi humour for you. enjoy your day, and best wishes too

11:17 AM  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Happy Birthday Anne! I hope the coming year is filled with much happiness, joy and lots of stash of course!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Gorgeous!!!!! May you have a great day... Lots of love anf hugs from all of us here..

11:31 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Happy Birthday Anne!!!!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Happy Birthday to you, dear Anne!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Anne!
Happy Birthday to you!

Hope you are having a fabulous day! Speaking from experience - the 40's are not all that bad!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Wishing you a Happy Birthday, Anne. May all your wishes come true for the year... :)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Happiest of Birthdays Anne!! Sounds like your new decade has gotten off to a wonderful start (we'll forget about the lapses in memory, lol!) with all your gifts and well wishes! I, too, am most grateful to have found you in bloggerland and to count you as my friend. :D

12:34 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Happy, happy birthday!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Bastet said...

Happy Birthday Anne!

I know what you mean about early senility. I've had it since I was a kid and it's gotten worse since my last birthday.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Happy Birthday!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Happy Birthday, Anne!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend!!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Happy Birthday, dear Anne!!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

Happy birthday, Anne!!!! I hope you have the bestest day :)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Happy Happy Birthday, dear Anne! Here's hoping for a great day, and a great year!

:-)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

A day late but I hope you had a wonderful day!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Happy Birthday, dear Anne!! :) Hope you'll have a wonderful day and new year!! (((((hugs)))))

6:45 PM  
Blogger Litla Skvís said...

Happy Birthday, or as we say in icelandic; Til hamingju með afmælið!

Oh, and if you want to add even more to your vocabulary, lollies would be nammi in icelandic!

Have a great day! And enjoy all your goodies!!!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Rósa said...

Happy Birthday, dear Anne :-) I send you lots of big birthday hugs from the other side of the planet! :-D

7:25 PM  
Blogger Running Kiwi said...

Happy Birthday Anne! I'm glad you've had a great day :)

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Anne!!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Bine said...

Happy birthday, Anne :-) Hope you had a great day though it started a bit crazy ;-)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Schokti said...

Happy birthday, Anne - I am sorry I am late for the party. Have another piece of chocolate for me!

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... did I give them a funky address? I thought I gave them your email address? No matter, you got it nonetheless. :) I'm glad you like it and I hope that you'll enjoy it. Had I known that you were going to use the money from your parents for framing, I would have gone with the SB&B gift certificate, which was my initial thought. But hey, you have more charts than fabric, right? ;)

I'm glad that you had a super day, my friend! It wasn't meant to be for you to have to bring in goodies for your own birthday. What's up with that, anyway? People are supposed to make stuff for you! :)

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home