Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

A bit of melancholy

Thanks for everyone's comments on my scrapbook page - I have to admit, Jenna, this really was my very first attempt ... and I can't say it's something I'll be continuing - I think it could be a very expensive hobby, and stitching's enough for me for the time being. It was fun putting that page together, though - and it was nice to be 'creative' for a change :))

Well, this is very very brief, as I've been laid up with a throw-up migraine most of the day. I've only been out of bed for 4 hours today, and thought I'd try to catch up on blogs, but managed to get through about 4 of them, and gave up. So, I'm about to switch the PC off again, and have a quiet night - I'm hoping to start stitching a small project, but not sure how my head is going to take it just yet ...

Anyway, I'm going to stitch the Thistle Treasure Bag by M Designs - those of you who've been reading my blog for a while may recognise the design ... it's what the lovely angel Tobie sent me for a gift. You may also not know, but Tobie has apparently been very ill, and it felt appropriate for me to stitch this piece while I'm thinking of her at the moment - I know you won't be reading this, Tobie, but my thoughts are with you at this time, and hope your recovery is a quick one {{hugs}}. If anyone has some prayers spare, I'm sure they'd be appreciated :)

Fingers crossed I'll be fighting fit again tomorrow, so I can clear that backlog of blog posts ... I thought there were only about 200 to read, but I was wrong - as at this afternoon there were 318! Yikes!!

10Comments:

Blogger Myrna said...

Anne...

I hope that migraine disappears soon, and you are feeling all better.

That's a darling project you've picked to stitch from your friend. Good thoughts being sent that she will recover soon.

{{{Hugs}}}

Myrna :-)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

(((((((Anne)))))))

So sorry to hear you've been so unwell... I hope that migraine goes away real soon. Nothing worse than a throw-up migraine.
Karen is right, don't worry about the blogs you don't have time to read. How not to understand!

Do take care... Sending plenty of hugs on your way!!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

Feel better soon, (((Anne)))!

12:53 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

You take care of yourself, Anne!

I briefly tried out scrapbooking last time we were home on holiday. The album is cute, but it was very time-consuming, and expensive (as you pointed out).

Love the M Designs thistle!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Sorry to hear that you aren't doing so well AnneS... I am glad that your mum got away alright... Don't sit home and be sad - give me a ring and we will see if we can organise another lunch or sew together...Or even just ring for a chat I am always a bit reluctant to ring you in case I wake you...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

AnneS: hope you are feeling better soon. Those headaches are terrible!

Lovely thistle design : ) I think you'll have loads of fun working on it.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Anne, do take good care of yourself and get rid of that headache!!
The blogs will always be there and you don't have to read them all - just enjoy the eye candy and start fresh. :D

10:20 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh no! I hope your migraine will clear right up for you! Want some of my new snowfall to help you out??

10:53 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Sending happy thoughts in the direction of Australia....Hope you feel better soon!!!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really good looking page for a first attempt! I agree with you, though, in order to really get into it, you need a goood bit of supplies. It's a whole other realm of stash. I have lots, if you ever want some. ;)

Now, about this migraine, dear, we will have none of that around here. I order you to feel better! *hug* Stick your head close to the screen for a second and let me talk to it... GO AWAY MIGRAINE! :D

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home