Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

A day of mixed blessings

Today started off quite sadly - by saying goodbye to Mum at the airport. I felt fine until she said goodbye at the departure gate, and I was teary-eyed all the way home. As much as it's nice to get back to my routines, the flat feels very very quiet after having her company here for 2 months. Love you loads, Ma - and miss you already! Miss You

I was originally going to attend the Guild's general meeting today after going to the airport, but I didn't feel in the mood. Instead I came home and finished my second quilt block for Quilts4Kids - this is my second block for wee Emily T, stitched in its recommended colours, except I replaced the gold metallic thread with a plain yellow DMC ... the next one will be the Batman theme for Jordan B.

I also finally managed to put together (well, it's almost finished anyway) my first ever scrapbook page for Doreen (my best friend's Mum). I don't think it turned out too badly, but I still have one more page to complete. I cut up 3 different colours of paper to make up an alpine setting reminiscent of the Desert Road and Mt Ruapehu in the North Island of NZ - I have so many happy memories of our skiing days there, so I thought that would be an appropriate theme for me. I just need to add some words to the page, which I'm going to add along the snowline at the top of the 'mountain'.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on blogs this weekend - last time I looked I had over 200 unread posts again ... you guys have been busy!! LOL. Look forward to seeing what you've all been up to while I've been 'away' :))

11Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

(((((Anne)))))
That scrapbook page is so cute! And your second charity square is very pretty. I'm sure Emily will love it!

Take care :)

11:41 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

I know how you feel. I hate airports these days - we always seem to be saying goodbye to someone. {{{hugs}}}

That's a beautiful page for your first scrapbook page by the way :)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

Hey, Anne, I know how you are feeling :) I'm sure your mum will be missing you too!

Your second quilt square for Emily's quilt is just as lovely as the first too, and I love your scrapbook page! You've done a wonderful job on it :)

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda figured the flat might seem a little quite after your Mum left. I'm sure you'll settle right back into your routine in no time, though. And you'll be seeing her again in just a few months, which is really nice. :)

I love the quilt square. Your stitching is so perfect and the colors are beautiful. Little Emily is going to LOVE that quilt! Isn't charity stitching fun?

Finally, your scrapbook page looks awesome! Is this the first time you've ever done this? If so, can I beat you over the head because it looks 1000 times better than my first one. ;)

I hope you had a great weekend!

4:03 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Hi Anne,
If you ever get really tired of your quiet apartment - come visit me!!! Lol! It's never quiet for long.
Thinking a little more - maybe I'll come your way. :D

4:24 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

I love your scrapbook page !

4:57 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your needle must be smokin' hot already having a second quilt square done! Wowser! I found a site with a couple of Superman freebies if you're interested.

I bet you miss your mom. I know after one of my parents comes to visit, even our full, noisy, chaotic house feels empty and quiet.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Very nice job on the scrapbook page!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Anne,
I can understand your sadness. It will be an adjustment getting back to your usual routine... {{{hugs}}}

10:30 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Kudos to you for doing charity stitching. I've had a couple of not so great experineces so I'm quite jaded about it all!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Litla Skvís said...

The quilt square looks wonderful and I love your scrapbooking page. Now that is one hobby that I am trying very hard to stay away from, far far away! LOL! I really love how it looks, but it is just way to expensive and I do NOT have the room for yet another craft ;o)

Sorry that your mom is gone, I hope you get back into your routine quickly.

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home