Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Thanks for your support

I'm now home after a wonderful day out ... I have to admit, I am typing this in a slightly tipsy state, after drinking wine since about 11am (it's now 10.30pm - so that's a LOT of wine!) - it's probably the most I've drunk for about 2 years, and I have to admit to have had a blast of a day. A couple of the girls there today I know pretty well, and have poured my heart to on occasion, so knew the history I've had here in Oz, and were very supportive today - and I really enjoyed a day out with 'the girls' for a change. I guess it was a bit of a learning curve for me, that I really am 'OK' on my own. There has been a lot of history with this friendship, and a lot of personal pain involved, and it has been easy to forget that because it hasn't happened for a while ... so when it happened again, it was in some ways a shock, but some ways almost expected. It serves me right - I should never have paid for the tickets myself ... but I'm too soft!

Anyway, enough moaning - 'cos all-in-all I've had a really awesome day. We took a bus tour round 3 different vineyards, and at the last vineyard ALL the bus coaches ended up there, so there were 1000's of people - each vineyard had it's own tents with food and wine on offer, and live music at each one. We all met up for breakfast before we left ... seeing I was now on a budget, I opted to arrive late and pick up a McDonald's bacon and egg McMuffin on the way instead of forking out $15 for the same at the restaurant, but sat and had a coffee with the group - then we went to the first vineyard and had a glass of sparkling wine while we jigged to the African band that was very reminiscent of Paul Simon's Graceland album.

After driving another 45 minutes in the bus, at the next vineyard we had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, and enjoyed the more mellow sounds of the solo artist while sitting on blankets and nibbling on cheese and crackers we brought. Then when we hit the final destination we could finally relax and sit down without having to move for a couple of hours, so we had a proper meal of chicken or steak with Greek salad and baked potato, along with yet another three bottles of wine (4 of us put in $30 each at the start of the day, and we shared the bottles of wine during the day - it lasted us the whole day, which was great). Heck, I just realised exactly how much we drank today!!! That means we had a bottle each while we were out, then we decided to go to the 'after party' at a pub in town where we probably drank another 4 wines each ... oh heck, I think that means I'm gonna wake up with a major headache tomorrow - good job I'm not starting work until 3pm!!

Mind you, I'd better wake up remembering my car is parked at work already (I left it there today so I could drink, and still meet everyone for breakfast, rather having to take 1 1/2 hours to get there using public transport on a Sunday!) ... which means I have to go to work on the train - it's been 2 years since I've had to do that, so that'll be an experience! LOL.

Anyway, I'd better call it a night ... I just wanted to say "thanks for the support" - it means a lot to me! But I feel very happy about the great day I had ... perhaps it will finally help me to sever some ties that have been holding me back ... ?

11Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Oh my, I am so happy! You needed a day like that!

3:42 AM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Glad you had fun hope the morning after isn't too awful. CJ

4:47 AM  
Blogger Bine said...

Hei that's sounds like you had a lot of fun. Great :-)

6:17 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Well, sometimes you just have to take a day and do something fun. Glad you are feeling better.

How is your Blueberry Elegance coming? Are you still waiting for threads? I had the pleasure of meeting Linda N yesterday - nice lady!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time, Anne! I think you'll develop a whole new set of friends. :)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Bastet said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful day full of friends and laughter. Sometimes all you need is a good day out with the girls. Can cure just about anything. Though sometimes you may have to pay the piper...but in this case it sounds like you wouldn't mind the "dues".

1:38 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Anne it sounds like you had a well-deserved fun time. I hope you woke up feeling great with NO headache at all. Hugs!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Glad that you had a better day, sweetie! You deserve it!

2:45 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Hope you didn't wake up with a hangover, you sound like you had a really great day, I think you needed it. Don't get too down about your friend, its always a learning curve with friends and you are such a nice person probably far too nice for your own good that folks take advantage - which isn't fair. Anyway I'm glad that you've perked up a bit. (((hugs))))

5:07 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Glad you had a better day!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Anne, what a lovely day out- being with friends, and having wine, what more could a girl ask for! ( would you like some berocca sent over, lol)

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home