Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Feeling a bit blue

Normally it's a colour I enjoy, but I don't like it when it's describing my feelings ... how can it be that just overnight your emotions switch from one opposite end of the scale to another? Today I have had the dampener put on what is supposed to be a fun event, by my best mate ... a text message received at 4am stating he's not going. I don't mind that so much, apart from the fact that I had to shell out the $65 for the ticket cost in advance - told him it had to be paid by 24 January, but I never got the money ... my account ended up in overdraft, and I got hit with a $29 fee. Since then I've had to scrape the money together, but I figure I have that money coming today so I re-budgeted, yet again, around that ... you'd think I would have learnt by now!!

I guess that's why I feel so blue ... my finances since I moved out are so tight, it's not funny - I've been putting $20 away each payday so I can have some 'fun money', but has been spent on some sale threads/fabric lately, so I can't even fall back on that today. I also have my official birthday dinner next Saturday, at which I am expected to provide wine etc ... That $65 is the equivalent to my food and petrol costs for a week - that's a huge amount of money for me to shell out for nothing, on top of the cost of my own ticket!

I'm sorry for venting ... but I wanted to get it out of my system before I went out. Today was supposed to be a part-celebration for my birthday ... it now looks like I'll have to use the birthday money I got from Mum or work to have a day out today ... so much for using it for framing - I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I feel today ... but in this friendship, unfortunately, it's nothing new. Hopefully, by the end of today, I will have gotten over it ... but right now I feel like a 40-year-old doormat. The truth is I know him too well, and he doesn't have the money to give to me, so the easiest way out is to bail and leave me with the bill.

OK, enough of me airing my dirty laundry to the world (especially as he and his new girlfriend read this blog apparently) ... Carol, I think I need to come to you for a visit - I can stitch my heart out in that wonderful basement of yours, inbetween therapy sessions!

Rightio, off to get dressed, and try to get myself out of my funked-out mood ... at least I know some of the others going from work today, so I won't be totally on my own today ... Mind you, just looking out the window there are serious black clouds out there, so the day might end up actually matching my mood LOL.

10Comments:

Blogger Rowyn said...

Sorry to hear that you're feeling blue, let down and out of pocket. Hopefully, since your friend reads your blog he might realise just the predicament and mood he has put you in and eventually cough up! Hope you have a good day out and things get better for you soon.

8:21 AM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Aww *hugs* to you hon. Hope you have a nice night out.

*Hugs*

8:23 AM  
Blogger Bine said...

Oh dear Anne,
that's so nasty! (I'm not sure if this is the right word but you will understand what I want to say). I can't beleive how "friends" act like this.
(((HUGS)))

9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That really sucks to be out of pocket and left in the lurch at 4am too... goodness. I hope that they both read your blog Anne and realise the situation they have put you in.

You know better for next time.

I hope that you are feeling better now though, and you have friends here for you.

10:08 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Dear freind,
I am sorry to hear you are feeling blue-I hope by now you are feeling better (((((((((((Anne))))))))

Thank you for the lovely b-day gifts I received today. I have e-mailed you and posted to my blog. You are such a dear friend!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.. dear Anne. I hope that you won't let this damper your mood for long. Go and enjoy yourself; just forget all of your troubles for a while. Everything else will fall back into place. :)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Bastet said...

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear this. Wasn't very nice of him to leave you in the lurch. Despite the fact that you figured something might occur. Hopefully things are going to start looking up. Keep smiling.
Hugs

2:49 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

That is terrible, Anne. It's so frustrating when you give friends the benefit of the doubt and hope that "this time" will be different despite a shaky track record. Keep your chin up :)

2:11 AM  
Blogger Nancy in IL said...

I wrote to you privately, but I received the NN thread, and just love it. I promise it's at peace in a loving home, lol! I'm so sorry that you're feeling down, but I'm really happy we all have one another to lean on. I feel my new family of stitching blogger sisters are able to understand and lean on like family. I've never felt so close to such a wonderful group I've never met. I feel ai know each and every one on a personal basis, and I'm blessed to have discovered this new world of true friends. Anne, you have been such a help to me on a number of occasions, and NOW I HAVE YOUR ADDRESS. HA HA HA!!! I have already started a little care package to help pick you up and let you know how special you've been to me. I'd like to join you at Carol's in her new basement. She's have her work cut out with both of us on her couch. I can tell you, she's be trying to escape after playing psychotherapist to me, but it sure would be nice to have her tell me what I'm doing wrong, lol! I need some pampering (referring to my most recent blog post).

Help will soon be on its way, my dear friend! Love you!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home