Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

What a wonderful day!

Thank you all for leaving such wonderful birthday wishes today - what a lovely inbox to come home to! {{hugs}}

Have to admit, the day went really well - my lollies/choccies went down a treat, and I got out of work for an entire hour walking around the two floors to hand them out and make sure everyone got one ... see, there was a method behind my madness! LOL. As soon as I walked in the door I got ushered over to the 'Hotline' area where we sit when I'm on Supervisor Hotline relieving duty, and got given a big bunch of beautiful pink tulips, and a birthday card, and an envelope containing the collection money - so I now have another $95 to spend (wow), and I've told them I'm going to put it towards framing costs too, which means I can get both my fave stitched pieces framed - it will also be a long-term reminder of my 40th, and all the people in my life at that time. I've had a day full of 'physical' hugs from my colleagues and well wishes, and loads of 'cyber' hugs from you all, and I feel as though I am absolutely glowing from the good vibes :)

But the gifts didn't end there at work, I also got yet another gorgeous gift from the other side of the world in my PO Box today ... Barbara sent me some of the most wonderful, glorious threads in my absolute fave colour - blue!! Barbara, thank you too for your very generous gift ... I am blown away by your generosity as well - thank you so, so much {{big hugs}}. And I get to see some of that that infamous silk thread up close and personal - it's no wonder you love it so much ... it's "yummo"!

I've decided that the United Nations should start a campaign and get everyone in the world blogging - because I reckon world peace would be created within a couple of months :D Everyone I've met through blogging so far has been the most generous and loving in nature and spirit - OK, admittedly we're all stitchers too, so maybe we have an edge there ... LOL.

So thank you, thank you one and all once again ... I'm now off to crack open a bottle of bubbly as my final end to a wonderful day ... so I guess that means no baking happening tonight LOL.

10Comments:

Blogger Dawn T. said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Anne, Happy Birthday to you!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Anne, Congratulations on attaining the Big 40! Glad to read your birthday was such a hoot!!
Catch up soon..
Gina

12:47 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

Happy Birthday Anne! I hope it was wonderful!!!! It sounds like it was! Hugs to you,friend!
As my mom said when she turned 40- you're now "Just Forty and Sporty!"
Have a great birthday week!
~Lana~

12:48 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Happy Birthday Anne!
((hugs))

2:51 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! It is still your birthday morning here, so I get to say again, Happy Birthday!!!!!

I love your UN idea!!

3:04 AM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Happy Birthday to you my friend :) I left you a B-day wish on my blog before I went to bed last night :) Wish we could have partied :)

((((((((B-day hugs))))))))

3:46 AM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

Happy Birthday Anne, sounds like it was wonderful.

3:46 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

I'm glad to see you had such a great day! :)

3:59 AM  
Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I am so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful birthday. Happy Birthday!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Bastet said...

It's nice to hear that you had such a wonderous birthday! And of course Barb's presant to you was a cake topper. she's a peach.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home