Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

SBQ's and a Meme

I'm soooo behind with the SBQ's so here goes, with everything all at once! Most recent is first ...

15 February - Today's SBQ was suggested by Heather and is:
"Comment on your comments (giving and recieving): Do you love comments or hate them? Do you check them every day, never check them, or find them helpful? And finally, are you convinced no one is reading your blog if you don't get any?"
I love this question, and it's one that's very easy to answer ... I LOVE getting comments. That's the way I've found some more wonderful blogs to read that I wasn't already aware of. When I first started blogging last year I clicked on other peoples links and found new blogs that way, but when people started leaving comments I didn't do it that way anymore (or rarely) - I always pop over to a new commenter's blog to read it, and most of the time have found some real treasures that way. In fact, I know there are people out there who read my blog but don't comment - I'd really love it if you left a quick comment - even just to say who/where you are - so I can return the favour :) I'd love to know who reads it, and where you're located!

I feel guilty at the moment because I haven't been reading blogs much, and now have 410 unread posts, but I don't want to miss anything and will still go back and read every single one, even if I don't comment on each post (in fact I'm allocating 3 hours of today to get through at least some of them). I think leaving comments shows you care/support the other stitcher, and I like to give back the support and love that I've been given. If nobody comments on my post, I don't feel as though no-one is reading, just that it's not a post that generates a response - sometimes I'll read a post and enjoy it, but it doesn't drive me to respond because I have nothing to contribute, but it doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed reading it.

As for reading them, I have it set up that I receive all my comments via email, and it automatically gets sent to a separate folder in my inbox - I read everything else, and leave my comments folder until last ... 'cos it always leaves me feeling positive at the end. So yeah, I love 'em!

8 February - today's SBQ was suggested by Nancy and is:


"Describe your "perfect" project. (Include the designer or specific pattern, the fabric, the floss, and anything else that would make that project "perfect" for you.)"
OK, the 'perfect' design would be a stitching 'small' of some sort, incorporating bright turquoise and cobalt blue silk threads (Gloriana would have to be the ultimate brand), stitched on 32ct linen. In the ultimate fantasy, it'd be stitched on a balcony somewhere on a balmy day where the sun is just bright enough to give the perfect light, without being hot, and your fingers never getting 'sticky' - rainbow lorikeets would be chattering in full view, and ducks swimming around in the pond below the balcony. My floss wouldn't tangle, and frogs would be non-existent ...

Alternatively, I would be sat in a comfy recliner, with my favourite DVD's on, and a daylight bulb giving the perfect light, and stitching whatever was on my scroll bar at the time - oh, hang on, that's what I usually do ... hmmm, maybe my normal stitching area isn't too far from my own version of 'perfect' after all :)

1 February - Today's SBQ was inspired by Renee's visit with Dawn and is:

"With the exception of your online stitching friends, do you have any other stitching buddies?"
I've never had stitching buddies in real life - none of the people I know stitch, and the only way I've had interaction with other stitchers in the past is to sign up for classes. Since I've started blogging, though, I've met some amazingly talented and generous/kind natured stitchers online, and more recently met two of those face-to-face in my own fair city, so hopefully in the future I'll be able to give a different answer as relationships get forged :)

18 January - Today's SBQ is:

"Have you had a happy dance yet this year? If so, tell us about it! (Or just point to the entry that talks about it.) If not, when do you predict it will be?"
Yep, I had my first happy dance quite quickly ... in fact I've had speedy needles for the early part of the year, but more recently had a bit of a stitching slump (just starting to make up for it again, though). My first happy dance was here - it was the Love needleroll ornament by Jeannette Douglas Designs, in the 2005 JCS Christmas Ornament issue.

* * * * * * * * * *


Also, I got the following from Jenna's blog, which started in Melissa's blog, and it seemed like a fun thing to do ... so anyone who reads it, count yourself as being tagged :) You have to list 5 things that make you happy, right at this moment.

Five things that make me happy today
1. Looking at my birthday scrapbook from Vicki, with the sentiments and colours - it's giving me warm fuzzies.
2. Knowing I'm now living in a relatively stress-free environment after 2 1/2 years of mentally 'surviving' - I can do what I want, when I want, and enjoy doing it. I'm happy just enjoying the silence.
3. Sat at my computer watching the birds fly past outside my window, and having a dedicated stitching chair/area where I can stitch whenever I feel like it - I'm happy about where I live.
4. Happy about all the birthday well wishes I've had from near and far (mostly from afar).
5. And like Jenna, I'm happy about all the wonderful friends I've made online - it's teaching me to open my heart again and be the 'giving' and happy person I always used to be.
All-in-all, today I just feel "happy"! :)

1Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you've had a happy day, dear Anne! I hope that you have many more. :)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home