Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Another happy birthday event

Last night we finally had the official birthday dinner for myself and Ben, at Cafe Platia, Burke Road, Camberwell. We had a banquet, and there was so much food to eat we certainly felt we got our money's worth - the food was divine, the atmosphere wonderful, and the company second-to-none. All-in-all it was a fantastic night out. Fraze surpassed himself and brought a caramel cheesecake with birthday candles for us - it was the perfect end to a great evening. We then had an unexpected bonus, as we drove back to Croydon to stay at a friend's house for another chat ... unfortunately, though, I'm working today so not overly thrilled having to drive an hour home to just have a shower and drive halfway back again - but it was nice to be able to catch up for a bit longer. Have to admit to having a sore head today, but more from the lack of sleep than over-excessive alcohol (although there was definitely more than 1 or 2 glasses imbibed haha).


Unfortunately, not everyone is in the photo - Fraze, Dawn, and Gavin are missing.

So, just a very quick post, as I need to jump into the shower and wake myself up ... thankfully today is the last day of 7 working days, and I get Mon/Tue off this week before I get to play on the Hotline again for another two weeks yippee :) Considering I only got a few hours sleep last night, I'll need no extra rocking to sleep tonight! LOL. At least I get two days to play with a needle for a change, seeing I haven't seen one much just lately!

11Comments:

Blogger Bastet said...

Looks like everyone was having a wonderful time. Yea! For having two days off after 7. Happy Stitching!
Hugs

2:56 PM  
Blogger Von said...

My goodness, Anne! What a lot of celebrating for one birthday, lol! Just awesome!
Glad you get a couple of days off to catch up with sleep and stitching!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Litla Skvís said...

Glad you had a good time!!! It looks like a wonderful party!
Can't wait to see what you will be working on on your days off! Enjoy your quality stitching and resting time!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Your dress looks fabulous BTW (says the obsessed seamstress LOL!)
Enjoy your two days off! :)

12:27 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

Glad you had a great time at your birthday dinner! sounda like lots of fun was had!
~Lana~

1:30 AM  
Blogger Susimac said...

You all looked like you were having a wonderful time.

2:58 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Looks like everyone (including you) had a great time! Enjoy your days off.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Aw, wish I had been there :-) Looks like you had a wonderful bday feast :-)

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great birthday bash you had with your friends! And I agree with Isabelle, you looked smashing in your little black dress. :) You definitely deserved to have such a wonderful time and I'm glad you really lived it up. I hope that your shift went smoothly and that you get lots of stitching and relaxing done on your days off!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

You certainly look as though you are enjoying yourself annes... Enjoy your time off...

8:25 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Looks like you had a great time! :D

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home