Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Stitching Bloggers Question

Image hosting by Photobucket Today's SBQ was suggested by Cheryl and is:
"What cross-stitch magazines or other publications (as opposed to blogs) do you read on a regular basis? What do you like about them? What do you not like? What would your perfect publication include?"

I have to admit, my tastes are changed substantially over the years I've been stitching - I used to be magazine crazy, and bought quite a few, but now very very rarely buy any magazines. The only one I subscribe to is the Australian publication "Inspirations" magazine - mainly because it offers more than just cross stitch, and I like to try different techniques (although I'm back in XS mode again right now). Inspirations also show you finishing techniques, which other magazines don't offer. I've started flicking back through magazines again in the newsagents looking for charts that would be suitable for charity quilt squares, but I still haven't been tempted to buy anything over the last few months since I've been looking.

As for what the perfect magazine would have - larger projects, as well as a few smaller ones, with more 'grown-up' designs. It would also have other techniques, not just XS, and finishing ideas/instructions.

2Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good answer, Anne! It seems like a lot of people are complaining about the "cutesy" designs in magazines.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Oh Anne! I forgot about Inspirations (wiping the drool from my chin)!!! All your Australian publications (Country Bumpkin) are fabulous for their wonderful projects, gorgeous photography, PERFECTION in stitching execution . . . I could blubber on and on, lol! The only downside is the price.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home