Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Another day gone ...

... and still no needle in sight ...

We have, however, uncovered the answer to the mystery of the weird-looking creature in my previous post - Sharon, you're spot on, thank you!! I did a Google on "case moth" and found the following link, with some interesting info. Also, glad to know it's harmless ... and not a relative of the dreaded 8-legged Huntsman or something daft - quite fascinating to see it, and it's the second one I've seen now, so the curiosity got the better of me this time ... there you go, Mum, now we know! :D The male moth is quite spectacular when it emerges ... typical, though, the female has to spend all its life cooped up in that cocoon ;P

And I'm glad to hear my last piece of stitching finally reached its destination, so I can finally release the full picture from the teaser I put out earlier - I stitched a small token of friendship for Jenna, to help to cheer her up after going through so much just lately ... Jenna was one of the first people to comment on my blog when I started, and the comments she made had a big impact on my self-esteem, and that started to help me deal with things that had caused me personal pain last year - it was just a few kind words at just the right time ... and it helped open my eyes to a whole big world out there, and start to appreciate who I am, and get back my caring nature. So, this little token was just my way of saying "thanks for everything - your friendship means a lot to me" :D Funnily enough, I'd already started stitching this when Jenna answered a previous SBQ about what the perfect project would be ... the answer was "My perfect project would probably be a star-themed design, since I’m so nuts about stars. It would have some purple in it somewhere, or at least some blue. Kreiniks, of course, or another brand of metallic, to make the stars sparkle. And stitched on a gorgeous, rich hand-dyed fabric with luscious overdyed silk threads." Amazingly, without trying, I think I almost nailed every point! haha. Glad you like it, Jenna - you deserve it! :D

And it looks like my previous post has brought to the fore more Little Britain fans haha - now I know which of you have the craziest sense of humour haha. We're always mimicking the characters ... I mentioned to Rosa that last year I had my gallbladder removed, and while I was in hospital I was in a room with 4 beds - opposite me was an older lady who was a bit hard of hearing, and to the right of me was a younger lady who had her husband/partner visiting (we all had our curtains drawn) ... anyway, the nurse came in a couple of times, and the hard-of-hearing lady was called Margaret ... she'd come in and call out "Margaret ... Margaret ..." - I nearly wet myself, especially when a male voice pipes up from the next bed "... have we got any pirate memory games?" - I could hardly contain myself from giggling my head off ... that programme has got so many people hooked, it's great!

Anway, off to do something else for my final two hours before beddy-byes ... I'm going in to work an hour earlier for overtime tomorrow, then I've amazingly managed to get 4 hours overtime on Sunday ... the extra money will come in more handy than having the day off, I've decided! And it's so rare to get overtime just lately, you grab it when you can!

11Comments:

Blogger Dawn T. said...

It is stunning, Anne!! I am sure Jenna will treasure it forever. Great job. :)

12:06 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a super gift for Jenna! Great job!!

3:16 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

It's beautiful Anne! Well done on getting it so right - it was obviously meant to be! :)

Don't worry about not stitching. You'll get back to it soon :) And don't overwork! Make sure you look after yourself too :)

7:51 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hello Anna, your gift to Jenna looks wonderful. I love the colours you have used.
Thanks so much for visiting and all the comments on my blog, i really appreciate them. Have a nice weekend. Hugs.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Anne, what a perfect gift for Jenna! I'm sure she's thrilled with it!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Rósa said...

It's perfect for Jenna :-) I love it! :-D

8:16 PM  
Blogger Susimac said...

What a lovely thoughtful gift, Jenna must be so pleased with it, its lovely.

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had to post so everyone knows that they're right, I'm absolutely over the moon! It's so funny that you knew just the right thing to stitch and that it came at just the right time. I'll treasure it always, my dear friend! *hug*

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the fob, Anne, it's beautiful. Great job!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Such a perfect fob for Jenna! Job well Done!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Chiara said...

Hi Anne, I'm also so late in posting a comment ...I have so little time to read other blog that i wait week end to do so ...but i read all the post i have lost...thank you for the comments on my blog I love it very much you are very kind!!!...I have to say that your gift for Jenna is wonderful and perfect for her!!cheers

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home