Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Coffee Menu & RAK's

My feet were tapping in a small happy dance late last night ... I managed to put the final stitches into Coffee Menu, which is not bad going seeing as I didn't start until Sunday (not Friday as I mentioned yesterday - it was Friday to me, as it was the last day of 'my' weekend so that was a bit of a Freudian slip haha). I really enjoyed stitching this one.


Coffee Menu by Little House Needleworks
Stitched on hand-dyed 32ct Pipi Belfast linen by Country Stitch
using recommended threads


Next up will hopefully be Sapphire Star canvaswork by Laura J Perin, although I'm not sure it's worth starting it yet, as the one thread I have on back order seems to be the main thread in both the outside border and the inside ... I'll make a decision later, though, as today is going to be spent tidying the place up and getting more Christmas decorations out to cheer up my little flat.

I got paid this week and just have enough for Mr Taxman if I don't spend a single cent for the next fornight, but seeing as I have petrol to pay plus a couple of extra essentials for shopping (think female monthly items), he's going to have to wait an extra fortnight now until next payday. At least I now know I will definitely be able to pay him then, which is a big weight off my shoulders. I'm also spending non-essential money tonight by going out to dinner ... this has been planned for at least 3-4 months with girls from work, so I really want to go - I've turned down over 4 dinners and social occasions recently, including the big Christmas party next weekend, due to lack of money, but I think I really need this ... I just have to choose something cheaper on the menu, and by driving I won't be drinking - the night out will do me good, I think! :)

Thanks for all the positive comments about the 'RAK Registry' ... if you like, for all those who comment they think it's a good idea, I'll pop an email out to you with all the questions, then if you want to have your preferences added you can email it all back to me and I'll start loading them up next week some time.

Until the next time, enjoy your week :D

19Comments:

Blogger Carina said...

Anne, I too LOVE the idea of a central RAK registry! Like you and lots of other bloggers, I am often wishing for an address to send along a little gift! So include me in on this one!

Your coffee menu turned out wonderfully! You really had the turbo needles out this weekend! :)

Enjoy your night out with the girls--you deserve some fun even when you're on a budget!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful finish! I'm so jealous that you stitch so fast - a project like that would take me weeks.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

Coffee Menu turned out nice. I'm happy dancing for you. :D

11:02 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Wow, you did that so fast! It looks great and I love the changed wording :)

I was just about to send you an email about the RAK registry. Such a good idea :)

Have a FANTASTIC time out tonight :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Congratulations on your finish...it looks wonderful! You really cruised through that one :)

Hope you have a fabulous dinner out tonight :)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Wow! You sure turned that project quick. LHN designs are good for that. It really turned out great. Congratulations!

I like your idea about the registery. If you want to send me an e-mail that would be great.

Thanks!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

WOW that was quick !!!! Coffee Menu looks great.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Coffee menu looks fab!

: )

2:45 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congratulations! Nice finish! You sure stitched that quickly!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful finish, and soooo quickly. Is this chart going in your stash sale as I would love to buy it. Glad your money troubles are getting sorted. Went to an orphanage today just out of Manila and a bunch of Quantas Sydney flight attendants arrived and put on a special chrissie party for the children, it was great. Happy Stitching. Look forward to the next quick stitch, lol.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful finish, and soooo quickly. Is this chart going in your stash sale as I would love to buy it. Glad your money troubles are getting sorted. Went to an orphanage today just out of Manila and a bunch of Quantas Sydney flight attendants arrived and put on a special chrissie party for the children, it was great. Happy Stitching. Look forward to the next quick stitch, lol.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee Menu looks fabulous...well done on stitching it so quickly and cnanging the word too.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I love LHN designs! This tured out great. I'd be interested in having that RAK file, too. What a great idea!

1:05 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Congrats, Anne! Coffee Menu looks fantastic :D
My questionnaire is all ready, I can send it to you if you want :)

(((hugs))) Glad you got paid. Little by little... You'll get over this nightmare! You're so brave and organized :)

2:33 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Anne - yes, please, email me the info the RAK listing and I will happily participate! Thanks sweetie pie!

3:19 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow!! What a quick finish for you Anne! It looks great. :)

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this LHN design and have it in my own stash. I'm stuck on her designs right now, and I love the way yours turned out! Congrats on a great finish!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, Anne! I'm so glad that you are stitching for yourself for a while. You deserve it and I think some pampering is exactly what you need right now. :)

Great idea with the RAK catalogue. If it ever starts to get too large for you to manage via Blogger, let me know and I will write an application to run on our servers where you can store the data.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Oh Anne!!!! That turned out absolutely beautiful!!! I love your fabric choice for this piece, it was made for this design. Congratulations!!!!!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home