Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

SBQ & Photo Hunts

I'm not really in the blogging mood of late - too much going on in my head, I think. I have a tendency to internally smother my emotions, especially with stress etc ... and have been known to make myself physically ill due to it - apparently this has happened ever since I was a child. I've been trying to repress all the financial stress, and I've been managing OK, but it's also put me a bit in 'zombie mode' because of it this last week. Yesterday, though, my car was looked at and nothing major is wrong, which is a huge relief. Now all I have to do is sit down today and pay all my month's major bills (including Mr Tax Man hopefully), then I think I'll settle down a bit emotionally again. I ended up working again last night due to a stuff-up in the roster, and they were desperate for someone to cover "my" shift (I'd taken the day off to go to Sydney), so I offered to help them out again and work. I hate the 6pm-2am shifts, and that probably hasn't helped my mood over the last few days, as it really affects my sleep patterns. Oh well, I'm sure I'll perk up in a couple of days time.

"Do you stitch Christmas ornaments? If so, how many do you stitch each year and for whom? If not, why not?"

Actually, it's only been through blogging that I've learnt how beautiful home stitched ornies are - and I made my first ones just in the nick of time for last Christmas. This year it was my hope to make some for gifts, but I'm not doing too well hmmm (plus my financial situation is putting a damper on my plans too, and that's probably part of the reason I haven't stitched as many as I'd planned to yet). Perhaps next year I'll be more organised! I did make and finish one for Mum this year, which will be an ongoing tradition for us now. I still don't feel very confident at finishing them, so I need to make a few more to get more confident, I think.Now on to this week's Photo Scavenger Hunt ...


Grab the Scavenger Hunt code. Photo Theme.
Join the blogroll. Visit participants.


Today's theme is "Plush" ... this photo taken months ago fits the bill for me this week :)

An archival theme was "Cold" ... I couldn't choose between two photos, so here they both are - first J & V (my very best friend in NZ) learning how to snowboard, and second the snowy mountain ranges are compliments of the South Island of New Zealand, I just love that photo! :D

22Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the duckies. Very cute!!

I played too.

http://photogfrog.livejournal.com/

1:46 PM  
Blogger vee said...

((Anne))
I hope that you are feeling less stressed soon!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Those little ducks are soooooo cute! And very PLUSH! LOL!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Love the photos! Especially the ducks :)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cute ducks! Yes but they distracted me more by the snow photos! ah... mines up.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wondered where you were yesterday - hope you are OK and not overstressing anything serious?? I adore your photo for Plush!! Let me know if I can help you in any way :-)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Cute plush ducks ! but with your other pictures I am getting freezed lol !

8:30 PM  
Blogger Wystful1 said...

Quack, quack!!!
So cute...and a beautiful yellow. I love 'em.

Happy weekend.
Mine's posted. Hope you can come visit.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

The little duckies are so cute! I like the other photos too, but thought I should comment on today's theme.

My photo is up too.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the duckies are soooo cute!!

Welcome to the Photo Hunt!

2:40 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Welcome! Love the ducks!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

What bright toys! You can keep the snow, though :)

Mine's up too :)

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so plush, and snuggly. and your cold photos gave me a chill! :-D

mine is up... hope you have a great weekend

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the plush ducks. A whole family of them too!

Happy Saturday
Mandy

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute ducks and very appropriate for the theme of your blog (and your RR that I've got here at the moment).

6:24 AM  
Blogger srp said...

Absolutely love the ducks.
My post for plush is up too.
Love your needlework, it's lovely.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! My plush is up too.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful photos you are sharing. Incredible mountains :)

Welcome to the photo hunt bunch.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Anne, I am so sorry for all the stress you are feeling. Internalizing it is not very good for your health, but I do understand it. For some reason, we are loathe to vent out some of our fears and concerns when it comes to our own financial health. We feel embarassed and incompetent to find ourselves in a difficult situation with our money, when that is further from the truth of the reality of the situations. Sometimes life just throws us more than our bank balance can handle. We can prepare to no end, and still have more month than money.

You are handling everything as best you can and I think you should be proud of yourself!!!! Now set those worries aside and do something that makes you smile, okay!!!
Lot of hugs (and prayers),

2:21 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Those are some seriously plush duckies! :)

You take care of yourself. Too many of tend to stuff our emotions and pay for it later, so you've got a lot of sympathy with what you've been going through. Financial stress makes me totally freeze up. ((((hugs!)))))

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos! Please don't stress your self so much sweetie! i understand zombie land! I am in it now but not due to stress rather medicine! I have a tendency to shut down when all circuits are overloaded as I say. Happens! Love and hugs to you!

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I know exactly what you mean. I think a lot of us do. Make sure you're getting some exercise, if possible, to help work out and through those emotions that you're stuffing. *hug*

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home