Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Monday, November 13, 2006

SBQ and a bit of Bordeaux

Thanks for all your wonderful comments about Su's scissor fob - I'm still blushing from all the lovely words of praise :)

Last night I decided I still wasn't happy to put the needles down for the night, so did a couple of hours on Bordeaux Sampler - seeing as I didn't do my stitching on it before Friday, I figured a couple of days late would be OK ;) For the life of me I can never get a good photo of this one - but I just have the bottom band left and the two sides, all of which are a combination of backstitched leaves/vines and Rhodes stitch grapes, then band number two is completely finished. I've been looking ahead to the upcoming bands and my heart is sinking already at the sight of all the over-one grapes coming up {heavy sigh} LOL. I'd really like to get this piece finished by the end of 2007, if possible.


It's finally time to answer the week's SBQ before the next one comes out! Today's SBQ was suggested by Jan and is:
"How many different brands of "complete" embroidery floss sets do you own? How do you keep track of it? (ie, spread sheet program, indexcards, palm pilot, etc)"
That's very easy to answer - the only "complete" collection I have is of DMC. I'm slowly adding to my over-dyed collections as I come across colours I need for projects, but I'll never bother getting the entire collections, as I simply won't use them all. I used to keep an up-to-date inventory on my Cross Magic database of my DMC, but since I gave about 80+ skeins to Mum as a gift to start up her own collection, I haven't updated things ... maybe I'll get around to that again ... one day ;) Other than that all my other threads are catalogued in Cross Magic - it makes it very very handy when kitting up new projects, as I can see at a glance what I have/don't have.

On a positive front, today is finally pay-day, and I'm sooooo grateful! I've only spent $15 on groceries over the last fortnight (and that was only recently seeing as it was close to payday and no more working days left, so I knew I could go without any further spending), and I'm looking forward to getting my car checked out tomorrow, and my tax bill paid, so I know what money (if any) I have left over for the next fortnight. I'm no longer stressing over it - I figure if the tax bill has to be paid in two hits, so be it ... it would be really nice to get some fresh food this week, though :)

9Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, Bordeaux looks fantastic! Great progress.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

Hoorah for payday :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yay! We both worked on Bordeaux today!!! Yep, I see all those over one grapes in part 3 too - that parts looks interesting/strange! LOL

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it's finally payday! It always takes forever to come around when you need it most!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Von said...

You made it through, Anne!! You'll surely enjoy making your purchases at the market and restocking the cupboards! :D

I'm very behind on my blog reading once again and am afraid my time on the computer will be minimal as we gear up for the holidays! Gosh, I have sooo much to do - Ack!! Lol!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous Anne, congratulations on making it to payday

5:57 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Hooray for pay day!!

Your sampler looks fabulous!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yay!! Payday!! My favourite day of the week. ;)

Bordeaux Sampler looks fabulous!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Bordeaux is looking fantastic! Glad to see your progress on it.

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home