Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Quilting and 'stuff'

Are things looking up for me or what today?? This morning I found $10 hiding in my rain jacket pocket that I didn't realise was there ... woohoo!! And what did I do with that $10?? I was very very naughty and went shopping and blew the lot! Not grocery shopping, though (I actually already spent most of my last $20 in my wallet at lunchtime on essential items) ...

I called in on the way home to pick up my car dashboard cover that was ordered (and thankfully paid for) a few weeks ago, and while I was there called into Spotlight to see if they had any freezer paper. They didn't, so I called into Amitie in Bentleigh, who had also just sold out ... Never fear, though, they made a quick phone call for me to this little place, and they had rolls of it in stock:

I couldn't believe my eyes - and I'll definitely be returning there when I have some free cash ... all-American goods, including some of the 'weird' items that I'd never heard of in my recipe books. Aha, now I'm going to look back into some of those American cookbooks and check it out ... plus if there's anything else in those books that I've never heard of, at least they'll be able to tell me what the local equivalent is, if there is one :D Here's the website if anyone's interested, as they also do mail order it seems ... AND they have ALTOID TINS woohoo!!!!! And I have to say they had those Halloween candy corn lollies I've never ever seen before - and Lipton iced tea in cans etc ... I'm in heaven! ;) (I LOVE trying new stuff where food's concerned ... it's a whole new treasure trove to explore!)

Oh yeah, back to what I splurged my new-found wealth on ... a roll of freezer paper :D So that means I'm now all set to start thinking more seriously about my applique quilt. I'm about to go and soak all the yellow background fabrics and the blue fabric from the first block ready to start sometime soon. It will be really nice to have a light quilt on the bed for during the summer months ... of course, I'm not saying exactly WHICH summer this will get finished, but hopefully some time before I retire - so I've got about 25 years to get it done LOL.

Other than that, I've got a real pep in my step today - I love the 6am starts (strangely enough, 'cos I'm not a morning person), 'cos I can still do a few chores such as shopping straight from work and still have plenty of time to do a bit more when I get home in daylight ... LOVE it! Back to a 10am start tomorrow, though, which is not so good ... BUT it's day 7 of work tomorrow, which means the last one, which means I then have a 4 1/2 day break YIPPEE!!!!!!!! Haha, you can tell I'm definitely more like my 'old self' today can't you? LOL.

And on that note I'm dragging myself off to the bathroom-cum-laundry to get these fabrics washed :D Here's the whole kit and caboodle laid out on my bed ... that's if you can see them on the blue of the duvet cover already on the bed LOL. Seeing as I literally have everything to start this thing, it's criminal to leave it festering in a box.

10Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

I am dying with curiousity to see what you're going to do with all these gorgeous goodies!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Ooooh Anne, that makes me think, I still have to prewash mine! Off to the washing machine I go!

Glad to hear you with your good old happy voice, Anne (((hugs))) Love ya!!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

All those blue fabbies look so yummy! No wonder you want to dig in and start playing with them.

I love shopping in American grocery stores, just to see all the different items than we don't have at home. Prices though are all over the board, some things are so much cheaper and other things way more expensive, so weird!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Arthemise said...

Oooo, love the blues!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Glad to hear you're feeling more upbeat. I like pleasant surprises like that myself :)

3:37 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Yay you go girl!!!

4:38 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

It's great to see you so happy again, Anne! Can't wait to see what you do with all of that pretty blue fabric. :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Looking forward to the first block!! :) And glad to see you sounding happier :)

I didn't prewash my fabrics for Leanne's House - is that a huge boo boo?

8:21 AM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Love the colors!! I'll be waiting to see your progress...

Glad to see you are feeling more like yourself!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Anne,

I couldn't help laughing about your enthusiasm over Lipton tea and candy corn! Any time you get the urge for American food, just let me know and I'd be happy to send you a care package! And since we're an "Ausmerican" household, we can tell you the local equivalents for the food stuffs here! (I'm always asking David to "translate" recipes for me!)

In saying that you make me laugh, you should know that I stock up on brown sugar (yours tastes different than ours), desiccated coconut (can't get it here in the States), Violet Crumbles, Cherry Ripes, and Vegemite when I'm in Aus. (And my in-laws laugh at me! "You want to take home bags of coconut???")

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home