Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Monday, November 06, 2006

RR & Exchanges ... and stuff

Thanks for all your comments and emails of support - I'm still feeling a bit 'blue' (which I would normally be happy about haha), but I'm getting there slowly. Anyway, I won't dwell on my current issues now, as I'm trying hard to keep them from my mind and not brood on things. I just wanted to post a few piccies of the fantastic exchange I just received today.

I received my scissor fob exchange from Cari, and I'm seriously blown away by her generosity ... not only did I receive the most exquisite fob in my fave colours, but also a pair of "Julia" Gingher's scissors, no less, and a VC silk in the most glorious blue ... I've been shaking my head like a stunned mullet (there's an Aussie saying for you) ever since I opened the envelope at lunchtime - and 6 hours later still feel gobsmacked by it all. The fob is absolutely gorgeous, and Cari's stitching and finishing is awesome ... I definitely don't feel worthy ... I just LOVE everything, and it will all be treasured for years to come - thanks again so much Cari!! :D I've taken piccies of the whole kit and caboodle, as well as trying to take a close-up shot of the front and back of the fob, so here goes:




On top of that I remembered to take a photo of the recent RR's I've been participating in ... this one is Lynn's RR so far, with just one more stitcher left to go (I stitched the Winter square earlier - sorry for the out of focus photo).


And this one is the latest RR I've received - this is Wendy's ... and I just have to stitch the Winter square on this one before it gets returned home to Canada. I'm hoping to get some quality stitching time over the next weekend, so I'll concentrate on getting some of this stitched up then (as well as finishing a gift piece now my missing Kreinik braid has arrived). Anyway, I thought Wendy might like to see how it's looking so far - hopefully I can whip through the stitching quickly so it can be posted back before hitting the pre-Christmas rush.


Tomorrow is a public holiday here in Melbourne - the only city I know where the entire city has a holiday for a horse race! I loved the description I just found on this website (actually the rest of the page is quite a fun read - and some of the Aussie slang is great):

"Melbourne is famous for Australia's premier horse race "The Melbourne Cup" held the first Tuesday in November at approximately 3pm at Flemington Racecourse. It is a public holiday in Melbourne, and in the rest of Australia and now in many parts of the world people stop work just to listen to this race. Horses from all over the world come here to participate.
The Queen entered a horse in this race a few years ago - it did not win. Generally it will be won by a horse that has been bred in New Zealand."


Personally I won't be having the day off, as I'm working (and I'll be very grateful for it when payday comes, as it's a double-time day which will be exceptionally handy this coming payday!!). I do have to admit to spending $2 on a non-essential item yesterday, which in 7 days isn't bad going :) It's pretty compulsory that you get involved with this infamous horserace and I joined the throng for the work sweepstake ... very high roller this betting chick ;) Apparently the horse that got put against my name is a relatively good one, not that that will make much difference - but it's all a bit of fun and the entire office gets behind it. My horse is called "Efficient".

Anyway, that's all from me tonight - just wanted to post those couple of piccies ... and say thanks for all the support - it has really helped to keep my spirits up :) {{hugs}}

19Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Such a beautiful scissor fob from Cari and great goodies too. The rr's are looking good, i am going to do the winter(LK) too on Leslie's rr before it gets back to her. Take care and best wishes.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

It's a gorgeous fob, what a lovely exchange to recieve. The RR's are gorgeous too

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please send me your address, I would like to send you something small to help cheer you up.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

What a fantastic exchange gift to receive. Cari is certainly very creative and very generous!

Thanks, Anne, for posting the RR pictures - they look great. And I'm glad to hear you are feeling a wee bit better.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Arthemise said...

Your exchange items are indeed gorgeous, and you RR have some really lovely work.

12:24 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

WOW! Anne, those are gorgeous! And the scissors are perfect for you!!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Aw, you missed us and came back already - thank you!!!!

Cari not only is generous and a talented stitcher, but she also has your tastes pegged perfectly!!!!!

1:33 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow, that is a fantastic package Cari sent you!! The fob is awesome, and oh my, those scissors are exquisite!! Looks like it came just at the right time, too :D

2:48 AM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

what a beautiful fob and I love the scissors. you are very lucky and spoiled

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The RRs look great! And what a pretty fob and scissors! Holiday pay is nice isn't it!

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fob and the RRs are beautiful!

5:09 AM  
Blogger HasturTorres said...

Wow! You are so lucky...the fob and sissors are gorgeous. The RR's are also beautiful. I hope things get better for you.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a lovely and generous exchange! I love the fob and the scissors match perfectly!
I'm glad you feeling a "little" better?! Keep your chin up these things too will pass...
(((hugs)))

7:50 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

What a gorgeous fob! And wonderful scissors :) Cari does such beautiful things and that's so generous. I'm so pleased it's come at the right time for you :)

And I need to reply to your email - just a bit behing with emails and blogging :)

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that your horse wins and you find yourself with some unexpected cash in your pocket tomorrow. :) You received a fabulous exchange and I'm so glad because you definitely needed a lift in your spirits! Plus, I don't feel quite so guilty now for wrapping your scissors up. ;)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a beautiful exchange! Cari was definitely very generous.

Good luck witht he horse race!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, everything looks just wonderful! Have fun with Wendy's RR and good luck on the horsies!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

What a gorgeous gift to receive!!!! Anne, I am really sorry for all you are going through. Glad your mom was there to help you through it a bit.

Your RR pieces are wonderful, you really do beautiful stitching. Take care and have a good night.
Big Hugs,

11:51 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Your exchange from Cari is lovely. I am behind as I have been bogged down in work myself. But, I am glad you are feeling better-things work themselves out. Unfortnately, they just don't do it fast enough to suit us. The RR look great by the way.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home