Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

A quick finish

My decision to start something new was a good one ... although I didn't end up starting the actual stitching last night, just kitting up two things - a Christmas ornie for me, and Wendy's seasonal round robin. Today I spent a short time stitching, after a bit of clearing out with the boxes in the spare bedroom. That poor room now looks like a war zone, but I did manage to finish my ornie while watching Jamie's Kitchen-Melbourne. I'm loving that show, especially knowing it's right on my doorstep. Perhaps my treat to myself once I get out of this financial tight spot will be to have lunch out there at Fifteen Restaurant ... hmmm food for thought.

Anyway, just a short post, as I'm not really in blogging mood ... here's the ornie I stitched - it's Starry Starry Night by JBW Designs, from the 1998 JCS ornie issue. Complete with the Mill Hill treasures I bought earlier in the year, this is one expensive little ornie ;) It's stitched on a mystery hand-dyed 28-count linen that I think came from Silkweaver in last year's Halloween trick or treat bag. That also means one more project crossed off the 50 Project Challenge, yippee - 9 down, 41 to go :D

21Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Very nice Anne. I've thought about doing that same one, but hesitate because of the Mill Hill Treasures. They really do make it quite expensive.

10:35 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a sweet ornie!! :)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

The ornie is cute!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Cute!!
You did fabulous stitching!
:o)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Just stopping by! Love the quilts.... and as always, your stitching is great!

12:24 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That is a sweet one, Anne, and the little bunny and moon really finish it off.

Hmmm, your home-baked bread looks too yummy!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Arthemise said...

I really like that ornie. Too bad it's in an issue I don't have. :(

12:43 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Anne, been admiring your neat stitching - cute designs as always! I just emailed you about next week; sounds like it would be a good time to postpone it, in view of your car problems. We have just added to our mortgage with my car, but it had to be done, seeing my old car was 22 years old and not going to be reliable much longer, so I sympathise with your concerns over your car. Like men aren't they - can't live with them but can't live without them - lol!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Cute ornie! I have that one on my list of "someday" projects....since I got the '98 issue last month. I'd probably leave off the treasures, though...or substitute something less expensive...

2:08 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

What a lovely ornie

3:20 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Both your finishes are really cute Anne, congratulations

3:26 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Aw, that is so adorable! Congrats! (((hugs)))

4:36 AM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

That is really cute!! Great job.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

Look at that. Evidence right there! This is why we must have our stash. Going through a lean period? No matter. I can stitch and even stitch an expensive ornament right from my stash.

I love that bunny button! Must have.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

your ornie looks fabulous Anne, its been on my to do list for several years now, just waiting until I remember to find the treasures for it without breaking the bank! Love the halloween freebie too. I wish my homemade bread turned out like yours, lol!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ornament is lovely, Anne, but darn, why do those treasures have to be so expensive!!!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Very nice ornament! You are doing great on your challenge :)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

What a cute finish!

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love it!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

Beautiful!

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome ornament. You did a great job. and 41 to go ... WOO HOO ... LOL

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home