Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Where does the time fly?

I can't believe it's November already!! I've been looking at all my planned stitching goals for 2006 and realised I've hardly touched them ... oops. Can't say I'm in a major hurry to complete many of them before year end, and will just push them into 2007 for stitching 'whenever'. They'll get placed into my rotation at some stage, I'm sure ...

Well, today was the first day of the new pastime of packed lunches - I used to take a home-made lunch every day, but got out of the habit months ago. Last night I made a loaf of bread in my breadmaker (Wholemeal Beer and Mustard Loaf ... yummo), and had a bit of a 'ploughmans' thing going today - I slapped some crumbly cheddar cheese and piccalilli between a couple of slices, and it was scrummy. I'd forgotten how satisfying it is to eat something that you've totally made from scratch (ie the bread, not the rest of it) ... it's quite a good feeling :)

When I parked my car this morning it made a funny noise again ... and I noticed my dashboard clock was out of synch - I'm pretty sure I readjusted the clock yesterday before driving home, but can't be 100% positive. If I did, then it means my problem still isn't resolved, and it could be something to do with the wiring or alarm that's draining my battery ... I'll have to check it again over the next couple of days. Mind you, if there's anywhere I need to go to before Saturday I'll be doing it on foot to save on the petrol! I'll be acting quite the miser before month-end ;) Anyway, this photo is especially for Mum - it seems the breadmaker is working just fine, and the last disasters were obviously related to the recipe itself ... this one turned out gloriously!

As for my stitching, I managed to get the final stitches put into my Halloween freebie before bed, but was too tired to make it into an ornie ... oh well, there's always next year ;) Now I'm off to scour the recipe books for something that uses tinned tomatoes (I have about 8 cans in the cupboard from a cheap sale months ago, so it's finally time to find a good use for them) with either chicken breasts or tinned tuna. Then I'm settling in with a glass of wine straight from the fridge, with my stitching, to watch ER ... a bit of personal pampering is in order (and hey, it's all free!). I might even do something very very decadent and start a new project!! Rotation? ... WHAT rotation??? LOL.

9Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That loaf seems yummy, Anne! Fingers crossed that your car will be alright... (((hugs)))
That Halloween ornie is adorable! :)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your loaf of bed looks yummy! I love you little ornament. :)

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that sandwich sounded good!
Your little Halloween freebie is adorable!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Be careful - if your alternator went on your car then it's not recharging your battery as you drive and you're running strictly on battery power - not a good thing if you don't want to get stuch someplace. You might want to get it checked out, i think checking to see if it's the alternator is easy - i think.

I love the halloween ornament! I hope you had a very relaxing night!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Concetta said...

I love your Halloween ornie - so cute!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your car is just being so bad! It needs a good kick in the tire!

Great ornie you stitched up - looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

2:24 AM  
Blogger HasturTorres said...

Your bread sounds quite tasty. The freebie you stitched is adorable. Happy belated Halloween.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That bread looks delicious! Now I'm hungry... ;)

Love the spider freebie, it turned out so cute!

Sounds like you have a nice relaxing night planned! Enjoy. :D

9:48 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

it's times like these when I realize that all that stash acquirement was a good thing! I have enough stitching stuff to last me forever, without having to spend a penny! so if I were to go broke, i would still be able to enjoy my stitching, I could be out on the street...but! I would still be stitchin'!
~Lana~

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home