Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Going offline for a few days

I've finally reached the end of my 'emotional rope' today, and decided that I just want to go away for a few days and act like an ostrich, stick my head in the sand, and let the world go by. I'm OK, really, but just feel emotionally drained from all the stress I'm under at the moment.

Today was the final straw when I went out to a dead car before work - another $67 that I don't have later, I reinstated my RACV membership and got my car kickstarted again, but obviously things are more serious and I have to take it to a true mechanic and get it looked at. It's possibly either the starter motor or, hopefully, just the car alarm system playing up and draining the car's resources. Today at work I just used the key to lock up and it's been starting up fine ... fingers crossed that's all it is. Anyway, I'm not taking any chances and I'm taking public transport to work for the next week. Luckily I'm on 'normal' shifts for the next 8 working days, so that's an option.

I burst into tears this morning before the RACV man came ... then every time someone asked what was wrong this morning at work I got all teary again - all highly unusual for me. The financial stress has finally worn me down. So, if I'm not online for a few days don't worry - I just don't feel like blogging right now, and I hate being miserable online ... I'll be back again when I've perked up a bit.

See you again soon :)

23Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, Anne!! I'm sending you huge, warm hugs!!

((((((((((Anne!)))))))))

7:31 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

((((((((((((Anne)))))))))
Keeping you in my warmest thoughts...

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

((hug)) Anne. It WILL get better, hang in there!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

{{{{Anne}}}}

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))

Thinking of you.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Probably a very good idea to take things a little easier and look after yourself, Anne. No one needs the added stress of car troubles and more $$ spent on repairs. Sending you warm thoughts!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You're in my thoughts, Anne. Take care! {hugs}

12:13 AM  
Blogger Schokti said...

(((Anne))) Feel better, Anne. Ta e all the time you need.

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough time of it at the moment, Anne. I hope things get better for you soon!

((((Hugs))))

4:07 AM  
Blogger Shelleen said...

hang in there. Things will work out

5:01 AM  
Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

I've felt like you're feeling and it is the pitts. You'll be missed even if just for a short while. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, Ann. ((((Hugs))))

7:12 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

More hugs from me too.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you lots and lots of hugs hon.. You'll be missed, but take time to recharge and re-evaulate and we will all be here when you get back.

*Hugs*

9:31 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Oh Anne - what can I do to help... Please ring me - I don't like ringing you as I am always unsure if I wil wake you... It sounds as though you could do with a check up as well... You take care now... Lots of love and hugs... Sharon XXXXX

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Anne ... I am sorry you are dealing with auto challenges. Those are the worst. (Anne)...another cyber hug for you.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Sending a cyber hug for you...

{{{Anne}}}

11:13 AM  
Blogger Marita said...

Hi, first time commenting in your blog although I've been reading for a while.

My friend was having lots of trouble with her car battery. Turned out the little light in the boot was running 24/7 and once that was repaired the car went back to normal.

Crossing my fingers it is something that simple for you.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh no! You need hugs and margaritas! I hope you realize quickly that you miss us (and we will give you all the love and support you need)!!!

{{{Hugs}}}

4:44 PM  
Blogger Von said...

Anne, it's just awful that you're still dealing with electrical issues with your car. So often these things are just a quick fix, once they figure out where the problem is. Hang in there and be good to yourself! {{{{{Anne}}}}}

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor thing! Lots of hugs! YOU're in my thoughts and prayers!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hey Anne I hope things get better soon ,I for one will miss you while you take a break .{{hugs}}

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, i hope everything will get better for you. Take care.(((hugs))).

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours, indeed. My poor twin. It breaks my heart to read of your troubles. I wish I was there to help. *hug*

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home