Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, November 03, 2006

SBQ with Chicken

Today I'm cooking a roast chicken for dinner ... shhhh, don't tell Fraze, or he'll be round on the double ... this is by far the easiest roast chicken recipe ever, and without a doubt the most delicious I've ever tasted. Called, funnily enough, "Easy Roast Chicken", we nicknamed it to be "Salt and Pepper Chicken". Here's the recipe:

SALT AND PEPPER ROAST CHICKEN

1 small fryer or broiler chicken (basically just any frozen chicken - I prefer Inghams)
Fresh ground black pepper
Fresh ground Sea salt

Preheat oven to 425F (210C). Rub chicken inside and out with sea salt and pepper. Roast in oven 45-55 minutes, basting frequently with its drippings. Chicken will be golden brown and very juicy, and leg will move easily when it is ready.

See what I mean when I say it's easy? And it's divinely yummy!! And the great thing about it is that this will do me for about 3 days of eating, both lunches and dinners ... woohoo!! I've also made up a big pan of brown rice today to go into the freezer ready for lunches - one of my fave meals is rice salad with Tuna Tempters with a few chopped veges like celery, corn etc. There's no excuse not to take lunch to work when it's already half made up! :)

No stitching piccies today, so here's the last two SBQ's:

Today's SBQ was suggested by Carol and is:
"If you were to come across a sampler chart that caught your eye and appealed to you, would you or would you not stitch it if it had a morbid or "creepy" saying on it? If not, why?"

That's pretty easy, if I still love the design, I'd just remove the saying. If we're thinking about HOHRH that whole design doesn't tempt me to stitch it and has nothing to do with the saying. In fact, I'm not really into 'historical' style samplers etc and that's where you'd find most of the morbid stuff, so there's no chance I'd ever have to worry about it ;)

Today's SBQ was suggested by Lee and is:
"How did you decide on the title of your stitching blog? Was it random, or does it have a special meaning to you or about you?"

Initially I started off struggling with a blog name, and just came up with "Stitching Shack" just because Shack is part of my surname and often a nickname at work ... when I sat down and started thinking about it more a few months down the track, I wanted something that would include my love of ducks ... ideas that got tossed around was "On the Pond", "Shack by the Sea" (due to my new location here) ... in the end I came up with "Feather Stitching", as well as being an actual stitch itself, it refers to the duckie side of me ... and I think I still like it as it's quite simple, a bit like me ...

4Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Mmmm... Sounds yummy! *Hugs*! :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm printing off this recipe in hopes that Mike will make this for me this weekend! Sounds right up my alley :-) Thanks Sweetie!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Hi Anne - I'm behind in blogging yet again, so I'll just leave this one comment.

Boy, that chicken sure sounds good! Hope you are doing well!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Jinger said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Can't wait to try it!
Great recent finishes!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home