Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A bit of allsorts

A few days ago, during my crisis days, I started to finally start scanning chart covers in readiness for posting on Ebay - however KarenV has a great idea, to start selling via blogging first, and I think I'll steal that one soon. Even if only a few sell via this method, the rest will get dumped on Ebay for 'open slather'. Anyway, it might still be a few days away before I get around to scanning them all, as it's a HUGE task - there's a lot of rubbish in that pile, but someone may find something they like ... and if not, there's nothing lost.

It's been an interesting few days recently, that's for sure - surprisingly enough now that I don't have spare money to buy groceries etc (only one week left to payday thankfully) I'm actually eating healthier ... go figure! Admittedly I'm not eating fresh fruit etc at the moment, but that's just an interim thing until my funds are OK again, but I'm actually being really conscious of what it is I'm putting in my mouth! I'm planning meals again, and not eating junk because it's quicker and easier ... oh boy, it feels really good :D I used the timer on the breadmaker last night for the first time, and woke up to the smell of fresh baked bread this morning - I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! :D

I'm not really stitching at the moment ... I'm halfway through a Christmas ornament that I started at work on Sunday (to try to take my mind off things), but don't have the motivation to finish it yet - I'll snap back into stitching mode again this weekend, though, I'm sure. I'm slowly starting to get my energy levels back again ... earlier in the week it was taking all my energy just to get up and go to work :( Now I'm on day 5 of working days, with only 2 left to go, and starting to get my 'pep' back. I spent a lot of the day today like my old self laughing my head off with Lucien - it felt really good to be back to normal at work, that's for sure!

The other thing I did was to look at re-doing my 101 Things list ... I've gone through and removed all the pricey items, as it's just not feasible and realistic - it'll take me the full 18 months to pay off my new lounge suite, and there's not much left of the challenge time then, so I've found challenging items that are within closer grasp - I have a number of embroidery classes that I've signed up for (correspondence classes) that will challenge me as a stitcher that I have all the items for, so it makes more sense to include those as items to complete. While it makes the other items no less worthy, it's just a simple case of being realistic and getting back to the basics :D

I'm hitting the hay earlier tonight, though, as I'm now on a 6am shift tomorrow to cover someone who's off sick, so I only have an hour before I have to be fast asleep. Dinner was some fresh soup from the freezer (Pumpkin and Potato) with fresh baked bread ... yummo. So now it's time to get into 'unwind mode' ready to drop off to sleep quickly hopefully.

Yet again I'm far behind on reading blogs, but I hope to remedy that this weekend too ... it's a good job I have 4 days off LOL.

Seeing as there are no stitching piccies to post today, here's something totally different ... if you're ever in the Adelaide region, and want to visit a good vineyard, I can honestly recommend Hugh Hamilton Wines in the McLaren Vale wine region - they're a small boutique winery that only sell from the cellar door, but their wines are wonderful (especially the reds - love the Sangiovese mmmmm) ... they're a bit on the pricey side, but oh so worth it.


6Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That's a gorgeous picture, Anne.
I'm glad you're managing to see the upsides to the situation. Waking up to the smell of fresh bread does sound heavenly :)
((((hugs)))) keeping you in my thoughts!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Selling through your blog is a wonderful idea - I have been selling off many fabrics through my blog recently - much quicker without ebay fees - and my friends get the stuff, not strangers :-) Good luck - I look forward to your list!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hi Anne glad to hear your feeling happier interesting about the food choices isn't it! When my kids were little and we didn't have much money we ate really healthy meals now we have a lot more disposable income we eat far more junk food ,there maybe a positive side to limited income thing LOL.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and laughing again. :)

7:37 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

{{{hugs}}}

Have you looked at Trade Me instead of ebay? They don't charge a fee unless you actually sell something. It might be worth trying it to start with and if nothing sells move on to ebay. You won't have spent any money giving it a go! :)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Hey Anne!

It's been so long since I have posted a comment and even longer since I have blogged, but I had a bit of a health scare with my ulcer when we got home from OZ and wasn't on the Internet much. Anyway, I'm back now and wanted to let you know I still love reading your blog. (I use my breadmaker all the time too and it's great!)

So when are we ever going to get around to those Ross Original Macaws? :)

Carina

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home