Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Back to being normal again

Thanks again for all your love and support over the last few days ... I must say today is the first time I've laughed properly in a good week at least, and I feel much much better. I was telling my colleague Lucien at work today why I was so upset on Saturday, and said after my car breaking down yet again and with all the stress I had a major headache on Saturday ... well I had to take some Nurofen and didn't have any food to line my stomach with, so I spent part of that last $10 I had before payday on the vending machine ($1.70) after much to-ing and fro-ing with should I, shouldn't I? ... Only to put the money in and have the darned muesli bar stick on the bottom shelf ...

Well, today I got the tummy rumbles (probably a good sign too, because my appetite's been so-so this last week too), and couldn't sit at my desk with my rice and tuna salad lunch ... so seeing as my horse got scratched this morning (typical! but I get my $2 back) I opted to head back to the vending machine and spend another $1.70 for another muesli bar ... only to have the same thing happen ... it's stuck in the machine!! Well, I had to drag Lucien out to witness this little phenomenon as I'd just finished telling him the story, and he absolutely killed himself laughing for about 10 minutes!!! I just thought it so ridiculous and unbelievable that I couldn't help but start laughing as well ... let's just say I WON'T be buying a Lotto ticket this week! ;)

I have to admit, the pressure is off a tiny bit too as I'm now halfway through to the next payday, and my car has been behaving itself which is a major relief. I've been leaving the car alarm off, and just locking the door manually with the key, and it's been starting fine. I've just been granted Mon/Tue off work next week, so I'll take it in to an auto electrician and get them to disconnect the alarm ... I just have to find the old Nissan remote, and I'll be all set to go again just using the built-in disabler etc.

Anyway, all-in-all I'm feeling relieved a bit financially - the car shouldn't cost much to disconnect (I hope), and with the extra money coming in for working today (plus I've also worked two Sundays in a row as well in the same pay week), fingers crossed I'll be able to survive the next payday OK and get that tax paid etc. It'll still be tight for a few weeks, but I'm in a better frame of mind to handle it again now, and the horizon doesn't look as bleak as it previously did :)

I've got a few long weekends coming up which I'm going to fill with selfish stitching ... I have a 4-day weekend this weekend due to getting my car fixed, then a 6pm start on Wed, so that makes it almost a 5-day break - then I'm at work for two nights (Wed/Thu) before having another 4-day weekend, as I'd taken two days off work to fly up to Sydney to see Vicki and Brenda for their birthdays (but of course I can't go now) ... then the following week I get a 3-day break due to my actual roster - gotta be loving that! :D

Geesh, I can tell I'm back to normal again ... I can't stop waffling!! ;) I'd better sign off and put this new-found energy to good use and get some dinner cracking ... Thanks again for putting up with me, and offering those shoulders and comments of support, the last few days - it's meant a lot, and helped me to keep my head above water :D {{hugs}}

13Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Anne, it is SO good to hear you sounding more like your wonderful self! Financial woes are no fun (as I know from my own experiences). Glad that you found a solution for your car. Take care!!!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

selfish stitching sounds like a great plan to me-you deserve to treat yourself. Glad you have figured out the problem with the car.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

(((Anne))) Thank you for keeping us posted. That 5-day break sounds just like what you need :) Take good care! *Hugs*

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a little happier Anne! Pity about your horse - I did no good in the (family) sweep today either!

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((Anne)))

11:52 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better - a 4 day weekend of stitching sounds like a great thing to look forwards to!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Glenna said...

Stitching is NEVER selfish--therapeutic, maybe, or good for lowering the blood pressure (see, it's medical!) or for encouraging us to think of creative approaches to handling problems... Best wishes.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad things are looking up for you!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Great to hear the waffling again Anne.
I think you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now. Everything just seems to come all at once sometimes.
You have the same sort of vending machine we have!! We gently persuade it to drop the stuff....by rocking it off its legs!!
Take care. x

3:48 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

So happy to see and read that you are feeling better!
Being "selfish" and stitching while in the comforts of your abode is free! So don't feel bad!!
:o)

4:35 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Yay I'm glad to hear things are going a bit better, Better luck with the cup next year.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm glad to hear things are going a bit better for you. :)

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad things are going better! Boy, when it rains itr pours doesn't it?

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home