Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, November 10, 2006

The Blue Collection

All the blue fabric from yesterday's post is actually for all the applique parts of the Blue Collection quilt - I've had this sitting in a cupboard for about 10 years (all kitted up, as I bought a block of the month with all the fabrics as well), and in my current phase of stitching from stash decided it was time I finally pulled it out and learnt how to do applique and stitch it up. All the washing yesterday was for the two big bags of yellow background fabrics - but now they're all washed and ironed and ready to go. I've decided I can't really wash the applique fabrics as some of them are only a couple of inches square - hopefully they'll be OK if I don't. I have to admit it probably is a bit daft to do this as my first quilt - it does seem quite complex, not to mention huge, but I keep telling myself I just have to take one block at a time, and once I've got the technique learned it's just taking it slowly and working through each packet of blocks ...

Last night I managed to pick up my needle finally, and put a few stitches into Wendy's RR piece while watching the new series of The Amazing Race (which is already finished in the US, I think) - I'll do a bit more on my days off, and hopefully have it finished within the next couple of weeks so it can be posted off to Canada well before Christmas :)

9Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

I'm all for doing things you love - so if this is what you want to do who's to say you shouldn't?! Leanne's House is my first quilt and it's just a bit at a time :)

Love the start on the RR :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Wow, you quilt too? You are amazing my friend! The quilt you are planning to put together is beautiful.

Awesome scissors fob from Cari, by the way!

Hope all is well!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that quilt is just stunning! I can't wait to see your start. I am inspired to pull mine out:) And an amazing start to Wendy's RR to boot!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

What a beautiful design-that will be lovely when you start putting it together-I am looking forward to seeing it!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

That's gonna be a beautiful quilt. Those yellows and blues...lovely!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I am looking forward to seeing each block come to life! It will be so gorgeous when done.

Great start on the RR, I love that series.

:)

3:36 PM  
Blogger lobea2004 said...

What a beautiful quilt! I also like how your RR is turning out, great start!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

I LOVE blue and white with splashes of yellow!!! That quilt is going to be gorgeous; I can't wait to see pix of it!

As for a macaw stitchalong, I'd still love to! (I haven't put a stitch in that poor bird since I last posted about starting it!) Let me know when you're ready and we'll do it! Wednesdays are a good SAL day for me, but I'm flexible! :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

The RR looks really nice. I look forward to seeing your quilt progress. :)

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home