Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Scissor Fob Exchange

Phew, Su has received her scissor fob exchange from me, so I can post a piccie. For a beautiful close-up of the stitching you'll have to pop over to Su's blog, as mine is just done on the scanner and much less artistic ;) I was majorly stressed over this exchange, as Su's stitching and finishing is so awesome, and I had the huge delays with SB&B with the 'extra goodies' arriving. Anyway, it's finally reached it's destination safe and sound, and I'm very happy! This is my last exchange for a little while, though - and putting the stress factor aside LOL, I've enjoyed each and every one :D


Silken Roses Scissor Fob by The Sweetheart Tree
stitched on 32ct Lavender Mist Belfast linen
with the recommended threads
but omitting the eyelets on the back and personalising
with our initials and the year

Rightio, time to have brekkie then it's back to my stitching corner ... I've decided to stitch Summer Solstice by Eventide Designs for my needleroll SAL, and if I have time I'll also try and finish my Snow Fall needleroll from last month too ... oh dear, I guess that means no housework again today, that's too bad hahahaha :D

16Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

I just saw this on Su's blog - so pretty! Beautiful finishing too :)

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, you did a fabulous job! I love the bead you chose for the fob!! Just lovely.
Also I meant to thank you earlier this week for the tip about the american foods place. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Anne!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

Wow, that's the prettiest scissor fob I've seen in a long time. Way to go Anne!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow! Is it ever pretty!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous work you did on the scissors fob, Anne! I just love the fobs from The Sweetheart Tree, even if I don't have time to stitch all of the ones that I own. ;) You really did it to perfection. I'm glad it made it to Su, though a little diversion to my house would not have been unwelcome. LOL

11:16 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

I love your stitching as well
as the finishing. Wow, the
extra bead at the bottom really
add elegance to the whole piece.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

Ok. I'm getting tihs one for sure. It is SO pretty. You did a fabulous job with it, Ann!

2:20 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

I saw the close up pics on Su's blog of your fob and it is just stunning. All the detail in the project is just lovely. Glad your still stitching and sharing it with others. Hope everything else is well with you. I am just popping around to see what everyone has been up to but will try to do a post soon. Happy Stitching, CJ

6:14 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow Anne, this is one of the most exquisite pieces I've seen for the whole YEAR!! And certainly the most stunning fob EVER. You did such an awesome job! Congratulations. What a big, big heart (and what nimble fingers!) you have! ((((hugs)))

7:20 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Beautiful! I've also seen it on Su's blog yesterday and it really is gorgeous.
Take care. x

1:23 AM  
Blogger Arthemise said...

Oh my gosh, that has got to be the prettiest fob I have ever seen. You did an amazing job.

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous sissor fob! i must make one of those1 i just love it! You have been going like a house a fire on your stitching! The two of us are tearing it up!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

another beautiful fob by the talented Anne! Su must have been thrilled with it. Its simply gorgeous, umm, might have to add this one to my wish list :)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

This fob is simply gorgeous, Anne!!! You are an incredible stitcher; I love those rosettes! May I have the pattern details...pretty please? (It so appeals to the little girl in me who still loves pink!)

As for our SAL, I'm ready to start as soon as you are kitted up, so unless you want to wait and get some holiday stitching out of the way, let's begin as soon as you are ready!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, your fob is absolutely gorgeous!

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home