Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

2nd post today ...

I've been on a stitching roll (no pun intended), and managed to both start and finish the stitching of my needleroll for this weekend's SAL. I stitched Summer Solstice by Eventide Designs. I changed the wording, though, to cover the summer months 'down under' - instead of stitching June, July, August, I recharted the wording to be Dec - Jan - Feb (after checking out the Winter Solstice chart online) :D I wasn't too sure what else to put in place of the 'American' flag on the top band, and I quite like it anyway, so left it as it was designed. I've been really keen to stitch this ever since I bought the chart, so I'm thrilled to finally have it completed. I'll wait to do the actual finishing when I have a few needlerolls to make up. Anyway, here's the stitching piccie:


Summer Solstice by Eventide Designs
Stitched on 28ct hand-dyed dried thyme Jobelan
with the recommended threads

That also means finish number 11 off my 50 projects challenge list - only 39 left to go woohoo :D

Next up is to get a few more stitches into a birthday gift - now my Kreinik braid is here I need to get cracking and get it finished. Then I need to get a few more Christmas ornies stitched. Housework? ... What housework??? LOL.

17Comments:

Blogger Myrna said...

That turned out very pretty. Nice stitching, Anne!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Cute Anne, I like the flag too!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That is so lovely!! Congrats on getting it done so fast! How clever to change the months to those that apply to you :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

It's very pretty. Congratulations on finishing it up so quickly. :)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Congratulations on your finish! My, you are quick :) And, you are making awesome progress on your challenge...I'm inspired to try that myself beginning in January!!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Both of your projects today are beautiful, I absolutely LOVE the fob, and the needleroll will make up beautifully!
Congratulations!
:D

1:17 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Congratulations on your finish, I think I'll have to add some of these Eventide designs to my stash next year. :)

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a lovely finish! Your needles are smoking lately:)

2:29 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Wow you're needles must be smoking, they're all lovely congratulations Anne

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very much like this design Anne! you did a wonderful job of it.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

That's gorgeous! And fast! Well done! :)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

wahoo Anne, another finish, and a lovely one too, look forward to seeing your needleroll all made up. (You've reminded me that I've only got this one in the series left to stitch, Kath and I stitched the other seasons as a SAL together a few years ago but didn't quite make it to "summer", lol)

8:06 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Very nice Anne!!!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work, Anne! It looks really nice. :)

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is lovely!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Chiara said...

Your needle roll is lovely!! It's warm me as in Italy is very cold and foggy :o(
cheers

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne esta hermoso... es hermoso...

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home