Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

No stitching today

No stitching being done today, as it's finally time to clean up a bit and do some housework. I'm off into the city later this afternoon for a small treat to have dinner with Fraze - we had to put it off a couple of weeks ago due to the fact I couldn't even afford the train ticket to go in, let alone dinner. This week I'm still sitting on an unused train ticket that I didn't end up needing last week, and dinner is dirt cheap at about $7 each where we're going, so I can justify this one as a little cheap splurge. While I'm in there I'm also going to pick up a couple of fresh veges from the Queen Victoria Markets for some upcoming recipes (mainly mushrooms, but also capsicum and courgettes). My car won't now be going into the garage until Friday morning, so I'm still limiting myself to almost zero spending until I know how much that's going to set me back ... then I'll know what spare money I have (if any) from this pay for a bit extra food etc.

Last night I did a bit more stitching - and I now have two half-finished ornies ... the Just Nan one I need to the over-one stitching, but after doing all the grapes yesterday morning, I couldn't face it last night. Then I just have to add the beads and Kreinik braid to the Elizabeth's Designs tree and that's finished too. No more ornie stitching now until I get my gift piece finished ... plus I really want to make up a couple of pieces into their 'finished' items ... these last few days have been really uplifting with all this stitching and creativity - definitely just what the doctor ordered!

5Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Great start to those ornaments! YOu are just a stitching machine lately!!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Love the colours of your ornies! Very warm :) They're both so lovely. I agree with Carol - you're quite on a roll! :)
Ah yes, stitching is the best therapy ever! :) :)

Enjoy every minute of that night out Anne - your sure deserve it! :D

8:58 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Very nice ornies, Anne. I'm looking forwards to seeing how you finish them. Dinner out with a pal sounds like a great way to spend an evening.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should have had Fraze pay for your dinner to help you out. He owes you. ;)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

They look lovely! Love the Just Nan one :)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home