Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

RAK Registry

Thanks again for your support in the creation of our little list - hopefully it will be a useful tool when we want to send a small something to our fellow stitching bloggers ... and a way I can give something back to my stitching pals :)

At this stage I have questionnaires filled out by Cindy, Wendy, Nicki, and Su ... and emails have gone out today to those who are definitely keen to sign up, ie Melissa, CathyB, Cathy (mamacruz), Carina, Margaret, Carol, Christine and Isabelle. More emails have gone to those of you who think it's a good idea, ie Von, Barbara, CathyMK, Karen, Judith, and Katrina.

Others who registered an interest, but I can't locate your emails are Vonna, Annemiek, Sylvie, Meari, Tracy Baby, Coral and Michelle ... if you could drop me a quick line to shakatak@iinet.net.au I'll get the email questionnaire sent off to you to fill in :)

Now a couple of answers to recent questions:

For Whyme - the photo of the roses were taken in Hong Kong itself on a recent holiday there (in the flowers markets, not far from the bird market).

For Julie - the Pacific Pohutukawa is by a New Zealand designer, and can be bought through Nancy's Embroidery in Wellington, New Zealand. They also sell the black canvas for it too, and they do mail order. Their website isn't the best, but they're great to deal with :)

Just a quick post this morning before I head off to work. Dinner was great last night, and very uplifting ... it was nice to discuss 'general stuff' and have a moan about work issues and just generally hang out. That was followed by a phone call from Fraze wanting to catch up for dinner - the first date that was possible in the evenings during the week was 22 December! haha, the joys of shift work! ;)

9Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

How great you treated yourself to a dinner out with pals, Anne. You certainly deserve it!

Thanks for setting up the RAK Registry!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm glad hear that you splurged a bit and went out for dinner. I hope you had a wonderful evening. Thanks again for offering to set up the registry. It really is very kind of you to offer your time.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me for posting a stupid comment, but I can't believe Beta Blogger is allowing me to leave a comment on your blog, Anne! They must have screwed up and let one squeak through!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love the idea of the database, Anne! I'll send you an email. :-)

Your Coffee Menu looks great, too! I have that piece kitted and now just have to find time to stitch it. LOL

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just emailed you, Anne :)
Hugs

11:47 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh, I'm glad you had such a great time yesterday! (((hugs)))

Thanks again for doing this for our community :) Such a sweetheart you are!!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

I'm so glad you had a good time out!!! Yay!! :)

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed your dinner with coworkers. :) And it's a good thing that you can't catch up earlier with Fraze. Gives you time to save up some funds for the dinner, unless you have Fraze pay the bill. ;)

11:31 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

Coffee menu is beautiful! Good job!
~Lana~

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home