Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Will it never end?

For goodness' sake, GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today I finally open what I considered to be 'junk mail' ... one from the NZ Inland Revenue Department - seeing as I don't live in NZ anymore, I didn't bother rushing to open it ... today I did ... and today I found a bill for NZ$50 for a late filing penalty ... for the non-filing of a tax return in NZ when I reside in Australia, and have done for 3 1/2 years now - I haven't earned taxable earnings in NZ since 2003, for goodness sake!!! ... payment due 07Feb07 ... With any luck I'll get this one reversed just for stupidity's sake, but then again it's a Government department, after all, so anything is possible!

It's a good job I'm a relatively strong person, or I would've sunk into the murky mire of serious depression ages ago ... but I am definitely reaching my limits now, that's for sure!! If nothing else, though, it's stopped the tears and brought that fighting spirit back again :/ (mutter mutter mutter) I must say, though, it's starting to feel like I'm starring in some sort of comedy farce ... except the sense of humour's a bit warped and not all that funny!

Sorry, no stitching piccies - I'm just not in the stitching mood right now (plus these shifts aren't very conducive to it).

I am, however, very grateful to see the beautiful blue sunny sky outside my windows today, followed by the cooling breeze coming through the windows (as opposed to the fiery heat pouring through on Sunday at 42C!).

4Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief! That's government departments for you. I hope you get it sorted out soon. All of it.

Sorry I haven't been commenting - struggling a bit myself lately with health stuff, not helped by putting my back out - but I'm thinking of you.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I keep waiting to see if we find you cackling insanely away. Hugs....and hang in there.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Rowyn said...

Holy cow, you deserve a break! I hope the new year brings you better luck.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{hugs}}}

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home