Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Happy Dancing!!

And a great big happy dance it is too! Today I put the final stitches into Pacific Pohutukawa ... and seeing as the Pohutukawa is the New Zealand Christmas tree, it's finished at an appropriately festive time of year :D I have to say, though, my right thumb is quite tender after dragging the thread through those corner Pohutukawa flowers ... and if I don't see another skein of DMC Rayon or Metallic thread over the next 12 months, it'll be too soon!! LOL. Actually the scan doesn't do the colours justice - they're extremely vibrant! :D


Pacific Pohutukawa by Jen's Jems
stitched as charted
with recommended fabric and threads


It also means my stretcher bars are now freed up ready to start my Laura J Perin piece woohoo :) And seeing as Blogger photo uploading is playing nicely today, here are the next two ornies I put the finishing touches into yesterday.


Merry Yule by Erica Michaels Designs
2005 JCS Christmas ornament magazine
stitched on 32ct natural Belfast linen
with recommended threads and embellishments


Christmas Tree by Elizabeth's Designs
2005 JCS Christmas ornament magazine
stitched on 32ct white Belfast linen
with recommended threads and beads


That means another 3 projects off my 50 Project Challenge ... leaving me with 34 left to go, I think - woohoo! :D

18Comments:

Blogger lena-lou said...

Your top pic is certainly bright, I bet it looks exceptional IRL. I love your ornie finishes, it is nice to see them all on the blogs.
Enjoy your Sunday :-)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Congratulations!! The colours in the Pacific Pohutukawa are just amazing. Wow! Three more finishes - way to go!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Congrats on all of those finishes. They are all just fantastic:)

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Anne. Love Pacific Pohutukawa. And the ornaments look fantastic. Great stuff. xx

4:02 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow - congratulations times three here dearie! All are beautiful - I love the colors of the top one!

5:29 PM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

These are all terrific. I was stunned with the first one and then I kept paging down and the next two were beautiful as well.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful finishes Anne!! Just love Pacific P... (not game to spell it here) beautiful colours and stitching - many congratulations!!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Congrats on all of your finishes! An ornament SAL sounds good! Although I don't normally do terribly well with actually following through, I would like to try it. There are so many ornaments that I would like to do!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Congrats Anne on your stunning finish! Pacific Pohutukawa is simply awesome - love it!! Your two ornies are adorable too.
This may not be the best of times for you... but stitching wise, you're definitely on a roll!! Congrats! :D

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful! I love the colors in Pacific Pohutukawa! Congratulations!

1:53 AM  
Blogger vee said...

Congratulations, Anne! You do such beautiful work!

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Anne, you did an amazing work on Pacific Pohutukawa! Your ornies are lovely too :)

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anne, all 3 look amazing.

5:46 AM  
Blogger HasturTorres said...

The Pacific Pohutukawa looks amazing!!! Congrats on your all your finishes.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

All your stitching is awesome, but Pacific Pohutukawa is simply stunning!!!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow your Pacific Pohutukawa is fantastic. What gorgeous colours! Pretty cute ornaments too :o)

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Great finishes all, Anne! You did an incredible job and I especially love Pacific Pohutukawa with all of its vibrant colors. :)

12:48 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

congrats on the fab finishes Anne, love Pacific Pohutukawa-those colors are wonderful.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home