Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Photo Hunt - Lights (& Round)


Grab the Scavenger Hunt code.
Photo Theme. Join the blogroll.


This week's theme was a definite challenge for me while hunting through my minimal photo library (oh boy, I miss my huge pile of photos back in Auckland) ... but I managed to find something that would fit the theme of "Lights".

This photo is of a row of street lights illuminating the way down St Kilda Pier in Melbourne (well, they would be illuminating the way if it was dark LOL).



Next up are some lights illuminating the room at the Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple in Hong Kong (and a very difficult shot for me to get trying to reach up behind the barrier, and around a stone 'dragon', as well as missing the guard on duty ;) Under the circumstances, it came out OK :)



Lucky last, here's an archival theme - this one is "Round" ... I had a few choices to use, but opted to do use this one - definitely not a great photographic shot, but I like it for the 'round theme'. Any LOTR fans will recognise this character - chasing the ring over the rooftop of Wellington Airport in New Zealand! :D

25Comments:

Blogger MaR said...

Clever take on today's theme! Love the Hong Kong temple's pic, such pics are very hard to get both technically and strategically, lol!

Oh, and love your last pic, have to show it to my son. Happy saturday in AUS!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Wystful1 said...

Fabulous!!! I especially, being a movie buff, love the last one. Now, don't laugh ---but it's "Precious"!!!

Mine's posted for this week -the subject "lights". Drop by, won't you?
Have a great Saturday Ann.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Great shots for the theme.

Cheers to your weekend!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. he one from the temple in Hong Kong is beautiful - sounds like it was quite the adventure taking it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend. :)

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the last one especially!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Love all your photos! The Hong Kong Temple is incredible! So ornate! :)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

All of your "light" pictures are really nice! I bet that pier is very pretty at night! And that bottom pic at the airport is FUNNY! ;)

1:54 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Love your photos. Great take on the lights theme. And your archival photo is fun. :)

2:21 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I love Gollum at the airport!

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - great photos!!

Have a good weekend!

3:06 AM  
Blogger Retro Girl said...

Those are great photos!! Especially the archival one! Very cool :-)

Happy Holidays!


Mine's up

3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. I love the pier one...very fun shaped light posts. Thanks for stopping by.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

Cool photos. I like the LOTR one, even though it is an archival theme and not the one for today. I'm glad you posted it.

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely photos! I enjoyed them.

3:52 AM  
Blogger srp said...

Thanks for stopping by.
That last photo is a bit scary... people still flew out of that airport? ;) I bet those lights on the pier were lovely at night.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

those are all great pics! I love the first shot even if the lights aren't on...

and I'd love to visit OZ and take pics..

Thanks for your comments.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the rooftop shot!
Thanks for stopping by my site.
Happy Photo Hunt,
Frances

5:13 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great shots! I love your different takes on the themes and I especially love the last "round" shot! LOL :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog.

6:11 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I love you pictures for the theme of Lights. They are perfect. The first one reminds me of a pier in the Northern part of Michigan. Wonderful contribution.

Thanks for visiting.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Love the LOTR shot. That was something. As for the HK pics, very haunting.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! all your pics are great... I think the temple ones turned out great, and the Gollum shot is awesome. Cheers :)

9:08 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Love the light photos - especially the pier one. It's nice and different :)

I have a Gollum shot like that too! We were in Wellington for the premier of Return of the King. Were you there too or was he up there for a while?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Stunning pictures!! I love the Gollum shot! :)

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the temple is so colorful...nice lights too.
thanks for dropping by

4:30 PM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Great picks for this week's theme! Nice.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home