Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, December 01, 2006

More RAK's

This time I was on the receiving end of a gorgeous RAK from sweet Auntie Isabelle, and what a wonderful pick-me-up it was after being so 'down'! It was supposedly a "wee" treat, but I think it's way bigger than "wee" ;) I'm too lazy to get the camera out tonight, but I promise a piccie tomorrow - but I'll try to describe my actual reaction to receiving this yesterday ...

I opened up my PO Box to find Isabelle's parcel hiding inside - I walked outside and saw the contents, and decided straightaway to treat myself ... As you know I've been very VERY frugal over the last month or two, and haven't been buying any coffees or non-essentials ... well, I popped straight into the cafe next door and ordered a large cappuccino takeaway, propped myself on the brick wall/seating outside and broke off two pieces of the chocolate Isabelle had sent me ... while reading the gorgeous words in the card, and drooling over the chart that was also in the parcel - one off my wishlist, a wonderful French design by Coleurs Croisees (there's a link here to the chart, if you can't wait until tomorrow's piccie haha). What a wonderfully decadent and heavenly way to start the day (and in this case my working week) - thanks so much again, Isabelle, you're a sweetheart and a wonderful friend ... I feel very blessed to have 'met' you and it really did raise my spirits {{hugs}}.

And talking of RAK's, as for the RAK Registry, it's slowly getting underway. I've spent a fair bit of time starting up a new blog, and playing with the template layouts etc, and I'm now slowly entering in the data that I've received. If you want a sample look while it's in the creating process, feel free to have a peek here. This is definitely a 'work in progress' at the moment, and it will take me some time to enter everything into it. In the meantime if you think there's something else you'd like to see, or any improvements you can suggest, feel free to let me know. This is something to be used by all of us, so I want it to be as user-friendly as possible :)

A couple of people have also mentioned that they want my address details as well, so they don't have to ask me for it and spoil any possible surprises down the track ... oops, I hadn't honestly thought about that side of it, I was too eager to get everybody else joined up. Not sure how I should tackle this one - either send my address to everyone that signs up (which feels a bit presumptuous), or I could list a couple of people that know my address details, along with their email addresses ... not quite sure about that one! :)

Anyway, keep those emails coming in if you want to sign up - this is a continuing process, so there's no deadline to joining up ... it's merely a 'sharing of information' among our caring stitching community :D

8Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Hi Anne,I want you to know I am not ignoring you. I plan to answer the questionnaire this weekend. I have been struggling with a terrible stomach bug all week, and my energy is low. However, I went to Yankee Cross Stitch after leaving work early yesterday - and I got you your beads for AoL :-)

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne!

What an awesome pick me up!! I am glad that "auntie Isabelle" was able to send you something to make you feel treasured, as you are by all of us!

I think your registry is a fantastic idea!! You are doing an fabulous job putting it all together too!

*hugs*

Andie

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great pick me up :)

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will get an e-mail from me when I am home again at the moment I am at my parents, will be back tomorrow.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your RAK site is looking SUPER! Thank you for all of your hard work!!
:D

8:03 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

What a fabulous gift you received!

The RAK registry is looking fabulous...you're doing an awesome job on it :)

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello! bet you really enjoyed your parcel and all it's goodies!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Anne,

OF COURSE, you need to include your info. on the RAK registry; not presumptuous of you at all! (If that still didn't convince you, then you can still send out your details to me!) :)

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home