Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

SBQ & RAK photo

I didn't want to lose Isabelle's gorgeous RAK photo among all the other photos yesterday, so waited until today to give it it's own wee place - finally here is my RAK in all its glory ... complete with open box on the choccie haha. Thanks again Isabelle, it's so so sweet of you {{hugs}}.



And for this week's SBQ, here goes ...
"How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one? Specifically,do you or have you ever used a waste knot?"

Yes, I use waste knots quite regularly when doing specialty stitches, as a lot of times there's not much to anchor it on the back until you've worked a few stitches. Have to say I hate doing it, as it wastes thread and I hate having to cut off the knots and reweave the ends through at the end :( Unfortunately, though, it's sometimes a necessary evil! If I'm using overdyed threads, and I have a solid line to stitch, I'll put a small knot in the end of the thread, take the needle down into the fabric in the middle of the line, about an inch away from where I'm going to stitch, then back up at the beginning to start stitching - that way I'm stitching over the line and catching the 'tail' under my stitching as I go, and I cut the knot off at the back as I get closer and the tail is well anchored. If I'm using plain ol' DMC I do a 'loop start' usually.

The RAK Registry is almost finished (just tidying up of the sidebars etc), and I've made a little 'blinkie' in my Links sidebar here which takes you straight to the RAK blog. Hopefully more people will join in and fill in those spaces in the alphabet, and this will be a good resource for the days to come. If you think you'd like to see someone's details on there, either let them know about it, or drop me a line with their blog details and I'll send them an email saying I've had a request to have them join in the fun :) I've really enjoyed setting this up for us! :D

5Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

What a beautiful pattern Isabelle sent you!

I was just checking out the registry, I'm amazed at how much you've gotten done! This really is very kind of you, Anne. :)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

The Registry looks great Anne! You've put so much effort into it and it shows. I promise to get the form back to you soon. (I'm playing catch up as usual!)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ooo, what is that chart from Isabelle? It looks gorgeous! I wonder why I haven't heard from you lately...

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of Isabelle to send those to you. You lucky girl ;)
(((hugs)))

5:26 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

(((Hugs))) back to you, my friend! You are more than welcome :)

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home