Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Picture heavy post!

I remembered to take a piccie of my wee Christmas tree during the daylight yesterday - even though it's only tiny (121cm/4ft tall), it really makes my place feel festive :) My dream is to get a bigger tree, though, so perhaps next year I'll be able to treat myself :D I love the LED lights I have on this tree, they really pack a punch at night!

This piccie is very very sad ;) I bought this half tree last year in the sales when I decided to start making Christmas ornies myself ... last year I just made the one, and it looks so lonely on there all by itself! LOL.

I figured the little half tree would be good just especially for my home made ornies, until I can get a bigger tree later (and I figured it would take me quite a while to stitch enough for a bigger tree). But because it looks so sad, I just HAD to put a couple of my ornies together yesterday to give that poor orphan ornie some family to play with! ;) Not entirely thrilled with my choices of finishing, but they'll do (I'm going to replace the white cording on the pinkeep one to a dark blue cording instead next year - hence the reason they're just pinned instead of permanently attached, although I like the pinkeep look!). I'm stitching one each year for myself with the date on it, and this year that's my Elizabeth's Designs Christmas tree one.

Actually, these photos make it look like they're all taken on different furniture! In fact the left one is hanging off my stitching recliner, but the other two are hanging off my lounge suite ... the true colour of the suite is midway between the two piccies - I can't get a true life piccie of that any time I try!

I have to admit, I really really miss our Christmas ornie SAL on the FGBB - it was a great motivator to get something stitched every month. As soon as the BB stopped, so did my ornie stitching :( Maybe I need to set myself a weekend every month and get back into it again next year! Hmmm ...

The rest of the photos are for Mum's sake ... my little flat is coming apart at the seams - literally! The landlord is aware of the surface cracking, and he reported it to the Body Corporate months ago, but it's got a lot worse recently, so a call to the landlord is in order again, me thinks. Apparently all those beautiful avenue of elm trees out the window are what's causing the subsidence ... thanks to their far-reaching and huge roots! Mum reckons I'm going to wake up one morning with the roof on my head LOL.

Rightio, back to it ... I'm not sure what, but I know I should be doing 'something' - I had a shocking nights sleep last night, so I'm feeling a bit aimless today ... fingers crossed I'll be able to nap for an hour or so later on before work :)

13Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely trees and stitching. The cracks in the walls are not so lovely! I hope they get it fixed soon.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cracks are scary looking, Anne!

But your Christmas trees are very cheery, and you'll soon have more ornies that will fill your little bare tree.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Your ornaments look great! I want a little tree for my stitched ornaments, too!

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ornaments, Anne. You did a wonderful job of finishing all of them. :) I think you definitely need to call the landlord again. That amount of cracking would make me very nervous!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Your ornaments are lovely Anne.Hope the Landlord gets on to those cracks quickly yikes!!!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your ornaments are lovely! And such a festive tree! :D

7:16 AM  
Blogger Nicki said...

Your tree looks great - I see you even have blue tinsel! And the ornies are beautiful.

I was thinking that doing one ornament a month would be a whole lot better than panicing a week or two before Christmas! Would you be interested in an ornament SAL one weekend a month for next year?

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your trees and ornies are just fantastic. It is fun to see everyone getting into the spirit of the season, especially with their season.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Your tree and ornies are really beautiful, Anne! We have a wee small tree, too, but sometimes that's just right for a small apartment. Your place is looking quite festive, congratulations! I love your idea of a tree just for handmade ornaments.

I hope your landlord is able to help soon!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

We're going to have to do something about that poor tree - it needs a few more ornies on it!

I emailed you tonight with info for the Registry!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree looks so festive! And the ornie tree is coming along...slowly.

I am in a yahoo group and we do a ornie SAL all year long (one per month) from the JCS ornie mag. If you are interested, I will send you an invite. We do loads of other SAL's and exchanges as well. Just let me know. : )

Hope those cracks get repaired soon!

: )

1:02 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

Love the ornaments!
~Lana~

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ornies look great!

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home