Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

One day survived back at work...

...and it was quite nice in some ways to be back - I was put in charge of the 'queues' area today, so I didn't feel under pressure on the phones etc. Queues are basically different messages generated in the computer reservations system, and has a huge range of jobs - including flight timing changes, credit card rejects for internet bookings, misquotes, other airlines sending confirmations etc etc ... and I get to do the same thing tomorrow - it's a nice way to ease back into work after my health issues, and boy it's nice to both leave home and come back again in daylight!!

And my floss reorganising this week had an added bonus - now I don't have my floss bobbins in the special little 'box', I now have a new container for all my different teas ... so cute! OK, so it's not as flash as those poofey wooden ones in hotels, but I love it :)

And I'll finish for the night with photos of my fabric haul, seeing as my camera batteries are fully charged up again - and the latest version of my current UFO in progress at the end of the rotation ... doesn't seem to have too much to show for it after 8 hours, but them's the breaks - every few stitches is a step closer to finally finishing the bl**dy thing! (This is one of the very very first pieces I started stitching, and my first effort on evenweave/linen after using aida, and boy can I tell!! LOL.

Silkweaver Fabrics:
Country Stitch Fabrics:

Stitching Bits & Bobs Fabrics:

Also, KarenV, hopefully you are reading ... with your Drawn Thread Summer Into Autumn, did you use the threads exactly as shown in the kit? I seem to think your colours were a lot softer/autumny, which is what made me fall in love with it - the kit when it's arrived seems a lot darker, but I could be wrong! If you're reading, I'd love to know if you substituted any of the colours, as I'm quite tempted to do that ...

8Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

ooohhh, nice stash haul Anne! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice fabric haul, girl! I like your stash of tea, too. Clever reuse of your old floss container. :) So glad to hear that you're back to work and feeling more normal. I was starting to worry about you!

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you are feeling perky once again A... Take care though and don't overdo it...Sharon( Blank Page)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Andie said...

Oooooohhhhh Anne!!! That fabric haul is gorgeous!! I am drooling :) Lucky YOU!!

3:14 PM  
Blogger cathymk said...

Great haul Anne, I have used my flat fold book for an exchange gift and it turned out great! I'm still waiting for my country stitch FOTM.... and I have been considering another grab bag too - great minds think alike?
All the best to you!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Your Natures Rest WIP is beautiful! Your fabrics are wowzie, the colors are gorgeous. Makes me want a fabric fix of my own! :o)

1:56 AM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

keep working on those ducks, ducky! It will be great when it is finished!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

You've some nice fabric there, Anne :) I love fabric *grin*!

Glad to hear you are feeling better too!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home