Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Half a Happy Dance...

Unfortunately I can't post a piccie just yet, as it's a gift for someone - but I finally managed to kick that frog in the ribs and get the stitching finished on my latest piece ... I've had the hardest time stitching this thing, I don't know why - and that darned frog has shown its head on 3 separate occasions today alone, never mind the last 2-3 days ... I'm gonna fry its legs with butter if it comes back this week!!! Anyway, this piece has turned out a bit bigger than I expected, so I'm a bit unsure about how to finish it ... might have to make a bit-bigger-than-normal pillow as opposed to a pincushion - have to hide the back somehow ... unfortunately not my best stitching effort, but the overall piece looks OK - hopefully it will be accepted by its recipient in the way it was intended anyway :) So, tomorrow I will make my decision on finishing - and hopefully in a couple of weeks I can post a piccie ... At least now it no longer looks like a tarantula ... as a major arachnaphobe, this was creeping me out stitching it! LOL.

4Comments:

Blogger Cathy B said...

Anne - what do you fill you pincushions with? Fiberfill? I know that you've made several of them - thought I'd ask.

Congratulations on your finish!

12:56 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your comments have made me very curious to see the picture when you can finally post it!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hi Anne--I can't find you email address. Here is mine--about the peacock chart...

danielle_torres@hotmail.com

Love the costume, byt the way! :)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Chelle said...

Anne I can't wait to see what you are stitching - I'm in suspense!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home