Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Rotation and "You Have Mail"

A bit of a happy dance of a different sort today - the first two parcels of my latest S.E.X. episode has arrived (it's OK Mum, it's not some orgy or anything - it stands for Stash Enhancement eXperience!) ... I haven't bought myself anything for stitching for a very long time, and I have to admit to going a bit mad over the last few weeks - I am about to go officially 'on the wagon', as I think I'm close to being the S.A.B.L.E. queen! (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy). Anyway, I finally took myself off to the doctor today (half hour drive away, so hadn't managed it before today) and came home with some Nurofen Migraine tablets ... fingers crossed this will help, as I've now had my headache for almost 6 whole days! My blood pressure is also nicely normal - looks like my moving out of the last living situation has certainly helped on the health front, anyway ... and I have to keep a track of what I'm eating that may be triggering the 'gall pains' I've been experiencing of late. I originally thought it must be the mince (even though it's premium/lean mince) - but it may be the chilli giving me the pains, as I had a reaction to a chilli/parmesan/cashew nut spread Mum and I love ... please say it's not so - I love chilli in food ... Anyway, time will tell - I have to do some experimenting with my foods so we can try and narrow it down.

Anyway, enough of that rubbish - back to S.E.X. ... While I was at the doctor's, I popped in to check my PO Box - and lo and behold there were two parcels in there ... firstly from my Ebay win of some fabrics - 28ct Jubilee in Lavender, 28ct Cashel linen in Lilac and Taupe, 32ct Belfast linen in Natural, 28ct linen in Coffee Bean, 32ct Jobelan in Parchment, and a pretty 25ct Lugana in Delicate Teal - only one I'm not keen on is the Coffee Bean, but I'm sure I'll find a use for it somehow ...

The second parcel was my order from Criss Cross Row (very friendly and efficient service, too, I might add! - very impressed!!). The contents were an Acorn Needle Book kit by Periwinkle Promises (just follow the link - it's at the bottom of the page), a December Box chart by Cherished Stitches, and A Secret Garden Needlework Necessary by Forget-Me-Not-In-Stitches ... the Secret Garden piece is going to be a Stitch-Along with a group of gals in the Stitching Smalls Yahoo group I belong to - really, really looking forward to this one, but I have to cool my heels until early in the New Year until this SAL starts up ... at least I have time to get my threads/fabric together and get it kitted up all ready to start. Still got a couple of orders coming in yet - again ready for a couple more SAL's ... but mainly just 'cos I felt like treating myself! Mum you can lecture me later haha. I figure I don't go out much, so stitching is my only vice ...

And, yesterday I managed to actually get a fair amount done - I finished The Poet talking book, and managed to get another one almost finished - Shallow Graves by Jeffery Deaver ... have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with this one. I love Jeffery Deaver's books that are based on the character of Lincoln Rymes - but this one is based on a different character in the movie industry ... it's just not the same! Oh well, at least I know not to bother getting the other book in the library, as it's the same series. I have to say, KarenV, I was wondering about The Poet - at the end it didn't seem to 'end' on a 100% definite note ... I wondered if there would be a sequel to it - and you've confirmed my suspicions - yippee, will have to get that one out now too! I love talking books - lets me fill both my passions at once, that of reading and stitching.

Anyway, here's my latest rotation piece - those dratted Dolphins ... I'm surprised how much stitching I managed to cram into 10 hours, and it's starting to fill out nicely - I may even get it finished by 2007 haha.

6Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a wonderful assortment of stash fabrics you recieved! I think the coffee bean is lovely - I'm sure you'll find a good use for it!

Hope the pills cure the headache woes!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

oooh, great stash! Hope you feel better soon.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Mel in Dubai said...

Nice fabric haul there, Anne! I love fabric and have been doing a bit of damage in that area myself lately :)

Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog too - haven't updated it in a couple of days though!

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice S.E.X.! The dolphins are really looking nice. And I really hope that the migraine pills work for you. You have to break that cycle or you'll have even more trouble. You poor thing! I hope you're better soon. *hug*

3:51 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Hope the new meds help your headaches, Anne! How exciting to get packages in the mail! I get as excited as my 8yo DD!! :))))

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that when I don't drink enough water, I'll get a head ache. Just a suggestion. Also, your work in wonderful.
I have to remind myself to get up and move around a little every hour. barbara, Huntington Beach.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home