Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Stitching Bloggers Question

Thought I might actually answer this week's question immediately, instead of waiting for 3 weeks to do it ... quite a novel idea, really!

Today's "Stitching Blogger's Question" was suggested by Outi and is:
Have you ever stitched something as a gift and later realized that receiver doesn't respect your stitched gift a bit (for example it's never on show, or you have other reason to suspect that it may even be nonexistent or at least placed in some dark storage room corner)? If so, what have you done? If you've beenlucky enough to avoid such people what would you do if it'd happen to you?
Only thing I can think of is giving my eldest Aunt a bookmark, and she outright told me she wouldn't use it ... I felt a bit hurt, then she explained it was because it was so delicate and she didn't want to damage it - I'm sure to this day it's still sitting unused, but I guess she appreciated the gift. Can't say anyone has ever really not liked a stitched gift, or maybe I'm being naive. If it did ever happen to me I guess I'd be a bit hurt, and wouldn't make anything else for them again - and try like heck for the experience not to taint the act of giving to other people.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home