Here you will often find my thoughts of the day, with the occasional vent - but first and foremost this is where I can share my passion for stitching.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Headache, headache, go away!!!

Managed a tiny bit of stitching today - worked on a 'gift' piece while I was at the hairdressers getting my hair done, and I was struggling stitching it trying to see the holes with black Wisper thread ... ended up with a screaming headache again due to the hard concentration, I think ... dammit! Came home and doped myself up again, and had something to eat, then sat and watched Ned Kelly on TV, and listened to a few tapes of my latest book from the library - and ended up frogging a couple of sections of Egyptian Garden due to stupid miscounting. I also noticed when I was scanning my progress tonight, that there is one bit I missed - so I'll be frog-stitching again tomorrow night before I put it away ... I can't face that rippit rippit tonight! Oh well, at least it's pretty easy to fix - just two stitches out on the bottom section - just need to unpick the top part of the stem and fix it, luckily it won't take too long. I really should have just given stitching a miss tonight hmmm - oh well, at least I managed to finally finish my 10 hour rotation on EG ... the next stitching session (after frogging) will be on an old UFO - not sure which one yet ...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7Comments:

Blogger Chelle said...

Hi Anne! Just popping in to say I enjoy your blog. Hope your headache went away!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

I hope you headache goes away soon. I know how it feels to have one that won't go away.

Have a great weekend!

2:14 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Give yourself a bit of a break to get better, Anne. I hope tomorrow goes better!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anne! Sounds like you need to take a break and rest, IMO.
I searched online and found photos of that Chatelaine piece. Ohmigosh, that's a complicated one, isn't it? My first thought was: nope, I don't think so...first I have to finish TWentzler's "Gabriel" and a couple of large band samplers, and those EGA Seminar UFOs, and my EGA ICC in goldwork, and.......grin. It's really awesome-looking....but I don't think I'd get it done. I'll just enjoy watching your progress!
BTW: great blog!
--Lynn in southern NJ, USA from CyberStitchers Chapter

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh BTW, here's a link to a pic of Gabriel from T.Wentzler's website. It was in an old issue of Just Cross Stitch (USA) magazine.
http://www.twdesignworks.com/MagDesigns/gabriel.html

--Lynn

5:59 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi, Anne! Hey, if you're interested in the one over one face on our loverly blue Winter Queen, give a holler. I'll send you the link.

Carol in Pa.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

Hi Anne,
do you live near a Westfield shopping centre? Try one of those Chinese massage places you usually find in the middle of the centre. They are a reasonable price. Sometimes my headaches comes from tension in my back, shoulders and neck...aftera massage it really helps! Good luck!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home